Tuna and sweet potato

Options
has anyone got any other idea of what u can do with sweet potato instead of chips and mash please???
Also anyone got any other ideas of what you can do with tuna?? Thankyou would be very grateful xx

Replies

• NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    SWEET POTATO FRENCH FRIES!! ERMEHGERD!!!11!!1!

No, but seriously, I'm a huge fan of sweet potato fries-- slice them up thin enough so they can get crispy (if you like em that way), drizzle a little olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin-- whichever seasonings float your boat... Throw em on a baking sheet and flip halfway through (I believe 425 degrees, but you'd want to double check a recipe)

Sweet potato hash browns are also delicious, but you have to be careful not to over/under oil them, as they'll just stick to the pan and get mushy...

As far as tuna goes, I can't really help out there too much... I personally enjoy cottage cheese and tuna fish (mixed together) but it's a little odd... A really great website that has saved my butt quite a few times:

www.supercook.com

You input the ingredients you *do* have, and it will output different recipes that you can make with that item (along with, "you still need (#) ingredients") I'd give it a shot!

Good luck, and let us know what you come up with!
  • staci_0022
    staci_0022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish + salsa on rice cakes
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato
  • jeniferwhite01
    Options
    Twice baked sweet potato
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mix tuna with seasoned black beans, hot sauce, and pineapples. Serve on lettuce wraps! Yummmm.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I bake a few sweet potatoes on Sundays and eat them throughout the week. I usually eat one warm and mashed with coconut oil and a pinch of brown sugar. I will occasionally add them to smoothies as well (minus the skin).
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potato fries. I've also made a sweet potato soup (sweet with a spicy kick). Also, one of my new favorite recipes is pulled pork sweet potatoes. I just cooked some pork in the slow cooker with some seasonings and served it over a sweet potato and added a little BBQ sauce. Delicious!!