I'm gaining weight!

Options
djland318
djland318 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Recently I started going back to the gym and eating healthier. I cut back entirely on my beer intake, eating much cleaner and started going to the gym 4-5 days a week. I really don't drink much aside from water. Tho it throw a emergen-c pack in or some lemon/lime for flavor. I cut back heavily on my carb intake. When I started I was about 204lbs and over a week to ten days lost a considerable amount of weight according to my scale. I dropped to 193. I'm assuming it's mostly water weight. Over the past 2 days I've noticed I've gained some back. I don't know if it's muscle starting to build or fat content. My pants have for better and I feel much better since I started this new way of eating and training. My gym routine consists of strength training and some form of cardio. If anyone may have some input on to the reasons behind the weight gain, please let me know. I appreciate all the help.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's not muscle or fat, it's just fluctuation. Weight loss isn't linear. You can gain pounds one day then they'll be gone again the next.

Since I just posted this in a different thread, I might as well post it here again to prove my point. My weight loss chart over 7 months, showing how much you can fluctuate:

R0Y55Ma.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Are you eating in a deficit?
  • djland318
    Options
    I'm not eating in a deficit I don't think. Breakfast I'll usually grab 3 egg whites with Swiss on whole wheat. Salad or just 1/4 pound of turkey and 1/4 pound of Swiss for lunch. Dinner is usually a 3 egg omelet or some sort of chicken breast meal. Snacking in between May be a cheese wheel, Greek yogurt, or some sort of jerky. UMP protein shake before I go and after I get back from the gym. My gym routine is resistance training for arms and chest on Mondays and Wednesdays. After that I take a spin class. Tuesday's and Thursday's I work back and shoulders. I take a p90x style class after that. If I'm feeling frisky I'll swing to the gym on Saturday for some sort of cardio leaving Friday and Sunday as rest days. I went from 204 down to 193 in about 10 days. Woke up this morning and I was 195. I don't know if this is normal.
  • djland318
    Options
    I'll be happy if at the end of 2 or 3 months I don't look in dire need of breast reduction. I don't care what the scale says, I care more about how clothes are fitting and how I look/feel. For what it's worth, I feel much better. To add to that list I'm also eating gnc energy and metabolism multi vitamins every morning and mixing emergen-c with most water that I'm drinking
  • DemoraFairy
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It is normal, fluctuations happen! Look at some of the other threads about this today:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10097851/1-pound-gain-over-night

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10097712/put-on-0-4lb

Just give it a few days and that 2lbs will probably disappear.
  • DemoraFairy
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Edit: Double post
  • djland318
    Options
    I hope you are right. Anything else I could be doing to aid in this goal?