Need to confess

I just ate a gigantic bag of potato chips. :mad:
Knowing full well the reason that the scale hasn't been moving for me, I still sabotage myself. I can't believe I'm still doing this to myself. This is so ridiculous. Why should something so silly hold so much power over me??? I am so fed up.... just trying not to give up altogether... :explode:

Replies

• RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    I just ate a gigantic bag of potato chips. :mad:
    Knowing full well the reason that the scale hasn't been moving for me, I still sabotage myself. I can't believe I'm still doing this to myself. This is so ridiculous. Why should something so silly hold so much power over me??? I am so fed up.... just trying not to give up altogether... :explode:
  • You've already lost 14 pounds!!!! That is wonderful! Don't give up now!

Have the potato chips if you want to, but maybe buy the 100 calorie snacks, then you can eat "the whole bag" everytime :wink:

You have already come so far, stay determined!!!
  • Don't give up!!!!!

For the past three days I've been vowing to myself that I'm not going to eat anymore Christmas cookies and today I had, seriously, like 5 even though I put them in the FREEZER! They were FROZEN and didn't taste like cookies. More like frozen rocks, but I still ate 5.

But we can't give up! We have to just keep going and keep trying because that's what counts. Some ones signature on here said it all..

Something like..

It's not the times we fall that make us fail, its the times we stay down.

Just keep going. And going. And going. And if you fall, recognize what made you fall and pick your self up and get going again! That's what counts.

Go drink a big glass of water and relax. Forgive yourself for eating a bag of chips and tell yourself that it wasn't one bag of chips that got you where you were and move on. I'm trying to tell myself all these same things right now too, i know it's hard to accept it but if you don't.. you'll sabotage yourself even further by giving up because 3 months from now when you've gained all your weight back you'll look back and go "WHY exactly did I give up?!? Why did I do this to myself?" You won't remember that bag of chips, just that you were down 14 lbs and on your way to being thinner and healther and now you're not. Trust me, that's what I'm coming back from only it was 6 months ago, i was down 20 lbs and have gained 33 since.

Sorry this got long, this just hit me right where I am at right now and it's just a matter of getting up and brushing yourself off and trying again tomorrow.

You're totally worth all of this. I promise.

- Vanessa
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    "You're totally worth all of this. I promise. "

My new favorite quote.:love:
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Thanks you guys. :flowerforyou: I really like that quote too. I think I'm going to head off to bed so that I can't feel badly about what I've done any more. New day, new plan...
    You guys rock!

\m/(>.<)\m/
  • The best advice is, never stock up or have snack or bad type foods in your house...only get it if you are planning to consume it that day. Otherwise you will be too tempted.
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    keep up the good work dont be disheartened
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    New day, new plan...
    You guys rock!

\m/(>.<)\m/

That is so the attitude hon. Never beat yourself up. Get straight back up and continue. All the best hon. x