Sport bras

Options
Who makes your favorite and why? I currently have a really really old one and a new one. Both Reebok and so I am in the market for a new boob cage and wanted to hear recommendations.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Had a gift card AND a 10% off coupon for a local running store, so I splurged and bought a Moving Comfort Juno bra. AMAZING support. And found on Amazon a similar but lower $ brand: La Isla. Rec'd one from them last week. Also good.

I must admit: I'm a b/c cup.
  • emilyalisab
    emilyalisab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Victoria's Secret Incredible one. It zips up in the front, which is awesome so I don't have to pull it over my head when it's all sweaty. I'm a DD and it keeps the girls secure!
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Maia has been best support for me so far. Underwire / full coverage / typical sports bra look. 34DD
    (I want to try the Shock Absorber because of the racer back styling -- Amazon has good reviews)
  • maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a really good one by Shock Absorber that is amazing for high impact stuff, it wasn't too expensive either and when I was stateside I got a Calvin Klein one in the sale and it is lovely and the material is so nice!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Victoria's Secret Incredible! I have 2 and really love that they come in real bra sizes and the cups are very comfortable. I have been trying to get back into running and they keep my DDs in place!
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The VS! It zips up the front. No unnecessary/painful putting on & pulling off a sweaty body!
  • lmlilly
    lmlilly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love the Danskin Now underwire bra. It's for high intensity and my girls could use all the support they can get.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    The key is to get the high intensity if you are doing a lot of running, jumping, etc. I like the pull on ones and just got a Nike high intensity one that takes me an hour to get off, but really does the trick well for soccer.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on your bra size and what activities you are doing! I'm a DDD/F(depending on the bra) and have really good luck w/Moving Comfort Maia though I do admit I preferred their old style better. I just ordered an Enell. I've read fantastic reviews on it for larger cup sized women. I'm trying on a Juno next week when my size arrives at the running store; however, it is an over the head so I'm not sure I'll like that.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have the Victoria's Secret Incredible. I'm not very large up top, but during my first round of marathon training, I realized that even I needed more support. I like the VS bra because it holds everything in place and keeps my boobs looking nice (yay padding) and there's no uh... headlight flashing. Plus, cute prints and colors! I also have one of their Ultimate (I think?) bras that I wear as a regular bra, especially with t-shirts, because there are no cup lines, and it keeps my boobs from getting sweaty and gross when I'm walking around campus :)
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I really like moving comfort bras. They are super comfy for me.
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Question: from someone who has a/b cups, is wearing a sports bra necessary? Can I wear a regular bra? I only ask because I absolutely ALWAYS forget to pack one when I got to the gym! It's embarrassing but I just wonder if it's making a difference.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i use a shock absorber high intensity one

being a g cup i dont have a great selection choice and others have too much bounce for me
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have no boobs so I could literally wear a 13 year olds training bra to the gym and be fine. I just buy the cheapest one on the rack.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have big boobs...38D.. I have the Tata Tamer from Lululemon and it was the best investment EVER! It was about $75 but totally worth it. When you got big boobs, you can't go cheap unfortunately!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    nstock wrote: »
    I have big boobs...38D.. I have the Tata Tamer from Lululemon and it was the best investment EVER! It was about $75 but totally worth it. When you got big boobs, you can't go cheap unfortunately!

I saw the Lulu bra prices and was like "dayum". They look nice though.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    After trying a whole bunch of different kinds I'm going back to my old standby - Lululemon.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Nike and a Puma that are great for high intensity but like someone else mentioned a PITA to get off. My go to are just my cheap Danskin ones from Walmart. But I'm a B cup so I don't need to splurge keep the girls in place. I just got a couple from Oakley that are for high intensity but they latch. Haven't worn them yet but they seem promising.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »
    Question: from someone who has a/b cups, is wearing a sports bra necessary? Can I wear a regular bra? I only ask because I absolutely ALWAYS forget to pack one when I got to the gym! It's embarrassing but I just wonder if it's making a difference.

I find it necessary but it could depend on the activity you are doing too. My workouts involved too much running, jumping, etc., to get away with a regular bra even with my small cup size.

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »

You could work out in a regular bra if you do forget, but I wouldn't only work out in a regular bra all the time, because it would get super stinky and fairly uncomfortable. A typical bra doesn't have the same moisture wicking materials as a sports bra and isn't built to give you the same support. Personally, not having a sports bra on hand would be a deal breaker for me, and I'm only a B cup.