Fitness Chick....

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You are doing so wonderful, Ms. Chick! I'm proud of you & your pics are just amazing. Bravo!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    we demand BEFORE AND AFTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations on a job well done. You are absolutely and inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Well here is before.
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks for asking for me.
    Who is after?:happy:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    we demand BEFORE AND AFTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations on a job well done. You are absolutely and inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Well here is before.

whack.gif
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Well here is before.

LMAO. Call me cheesy, but I thought it was funny. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Well here is before.

LMAO. Call me cheesy, but I thought it was funny. :bigsmile: :laugh:

Ditto. I laughed.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Lookin Good:drinker: Keep up the great job:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    no offence.
    but we will NEVER get pictures.
    shes been asked countless times.
    shes been in a thread then asked for pics and she never posted to that thread again.
    so im sure she will skip this one and pretend not to see it.
    may sund mean but im honest
    alot ofpeople ask and we never get them why?????
    ever wonder WHY we dont????

lol:noway: hm....just my thoughts here real quick as I'm having a hard time keepin MFP up, seems the only site I'm having trouble with the last few days.....odd:huh: ..

I think I'll leave it with....what an interesting comment above.... everyone has an opinion but I"m unsure what the point of the comment up above was.... and yes to me? It did sound unkind and my feelings are hurt...but since you and I don't really know one another I will get past it... but that's all I chose to say about it:noway:

In all honesty I've NEVER wondered why a person in the midst of weight loss has chosen not to share pics.... I figure when they have some to share or are ready, mentally as well ...then they will.....:drinker:

I don't feel comfortable sharing much of my personal life online...so even with my name and area and then adding a few pics for the day....well, that's awesome that some are comfy with where they're at.... YAY!:bigsmile:

But I'm not one of those people yet....I think/hope you all meant well but I have to be honest...I felt a bit bullied when a whole entire thread was devoted to getting pics of me up on my profile... I'm a bit sensitive that way..... I love the inside of me but am very ashamed of the outside of me, I consider myself a work in progress....so please....allow me to do things in my own time and really it WILL be so much healthier for me that way and to me that's the most important thing....because in the end?, It's really us that we have in the end .

I hope you got a chance to see the pics as you asked for......but I don't feel comfy leaving them up.....I had placed them up for the day so now everyone knows what a person my size looks like.:blushing:

So now back to my own lil world of sharing and inspiring whenever I can.... and working from the inside out:heart:

This isn't meant to offend but I think we are all at very differrent places in our journey....Tam has every right to be proud she's a few lbs from her goal....I still have a long journey ahead of me and looking forward to getting there in my time, the time that best suits my body.

Oh a quick after thought....I post in many threads when I'm in a chatty mood....sometimes I may post and never see or post in that thread again and have no clue what goes on after I leave there....... so if someone has asked me for something or a question directed at me.....it's possible for us all to have that go unnoticed, not because we're avoiding...:bigsmile: :huh: :noway: :laugh: but life is simply full of so many other things besides the message board....at least in my life right now.:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I think maybe she is not comfortable posting photos of herself. I don't know why, but I do think its a bit much to create a whole thread asking for them... She has been asked before and has declined so I don't think now will be any different. :flowerforyou:
    Thank you for being the one person that understood!!:cry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thanks to those of you with kind words to share.....it means alot to me!:blushing: :cry: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm just SO not a girl that likes to be the center of attention.... at my largest I felt I was invisible but then realized I only wanted to be:sad: Then realized it was me I was invisible too....

I know longer feel invisible or even want to be....I feel great about the healthy choices I now make, but I dont' understand the comment that was made in the thread....that mystifies me to not know a person and have them say those things....... why???:sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    but it was just one post. The rest of us posted on here to support you & cheer you on. You're doing great & don't dwell on the negative. :flowerforyou: Keep up the awesome work!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    but it was just one post. The rest of us posted on here to support you & cheer you on. You're doing great & don't dwell on the negative. :flowerforyou: Keep up the awesome work!
    yea...I know folks' hearts were in the right place.... I have no clue why I got overly sensitive....hormones maybe? I have no idea...:noway:

Today is my birthday...ok, well not quite in 15 minutes or so...:laugh: I was in bed by 9pm with my gym bag packed before then as usual to get a good workout done at 5am.

The only reason I mention my b-day is well, it's a great day.....I feel so very differently continuing to make healthy choices as a new year begins for me.:flowerforyou: I must say I can't have given myself a better gift than keeping on the path of health and fitness and feeling good about myself.:smooched:

thanks beans for putting this thread a bit more in perspective... I AM PROUD of all my hard work....I have come far but just need to keep my eye on the journey and focus on what makes me feel proud of myself...I think I felt embarressed because in the past being the focus of attention never felt like a positive place....never ever:cry:

Still learning it's safe to be me here sharing myself (well, frankly anywhere, but especially here)....taking risks are scary....baby steps for me as well (just like I share with others)...... placing the photos upI realize now was a bit Cathartic in a number of ways...for me....realizing that I have lost alot of weight is a reality in my mind...in particular never really noticing it on my body as a whole until I saw the pics on my AV.........so good came of it, I now see that I have changed...I knew I had on the inside, and yes of course I know I no longer need to catch my breath running upstairs or walking etc..

I do of course notice I now have a waist and each time I workout in the pool it's something that is a pretty awesome feeling when I place my hands at my waist for a partciular excercise....what a great feeling.....to have one again. lol Some of you probably know what I mean....

I notice muscle definition ......but I guess I thought you all would think what a fat pig...what's SHE doing here!:blushing: :noway: :cry: Oh geesh....now those would be my thoughts of risking taking...of fear....not sure where that came from as I rarely ever ever think that of myself again but it all came rushing back yesterday....those thoughts I used to have of myself... apparently still do from time to time...:blushing:

Now would I EVER judge anyone that way myself....NO WAY!!!!! :blushing: :noway: :noway: :huh: :cry: But we are often most unkind to ourselves when we are in the midst of change.... I have one foot in that past and one foot moving forward...working on getting the other one moving more quickly forward and out of the past.....

I know it's gonna be hard to hear this and even to say it....but I am glad you guys did this even though it felt awkward..... feeling bullied was in my head.... if someone has the best of intentions in their heart.... and the other person (now that would be me...lol) takes it differently...then it becomes my issue........which I will continue to work through as I continue to get to know and love myself better.

Thanks for allowing me to have all these feelings spoot out on the board this way.... :cry: :blushing: :wink:

I didn't mean to hurt anyone feelings by sharing my own... I merely expressed mine ...which is what I do want to learn to do (and NOT eat on them like I did in the past)....ackward as it is when we first start out....it will get better and smoother as I continue to unravel the ball of yarn within that's become sooooooo ovious now that the food is no longer apart of the equation.

Covering feelings with food, then removing that defense can make a person feel raw and very exposed...I believe that's how I felt.... some of you all had for the most part accepted me for me....then I took a huge risk of sharing photo's... I may not have been ready to expose myself that much having been on here only a few monthes...each of us is different....

Ok, well just jumped on here to send an email or two to friends and now back to bed .....hmmm or maybe not maybe I will eat a light breakfast and hit the gym when it opens instead to do some extra cardio and start my day out right.....then do a couple water classes .......:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

You all have certainly given me much to think about.......... and I thank you for that... it was me who felt uncomfortable sharing myself totally not really anything you all did in particular, I didn't understand that last night.....:blushing: :noway: :smile: ..

So please accept my feelings for what they are..... somedays a great big tangled mess of yarn I work on each day to get to the other end of...acceptance of myself:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

G'day to all....:flowerforyou:

Elizabeth:heart:
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yea...I know folks' hearts were in the right place.... I have no clue why I got overly sensitive....hormones maybe? I have no idea...:noway:

Today is my birthday...ok, well not quite in 15 minutes or so...:laugh: I was in bed by 9pm with my gym bag packed before then as usual to get a good workout done at 5am.

The only reason I mention my b-day is well, it's a great day.....I feel so very differently continuing to make healthy choices as a new year begins for me.:flowerforyou: I must say I can't have given myself a better gift than keeping on the path of health and fitness and feeling good about myself.:smooched:

thanks beans for putting this thread a bit more in perspective... I AM PROUD of all my hard work....I have come far but just need to keep my eye on the journey and focus on what makes me feel proud of myself...I think I felt embarressed because in the past being the focus of attention never felt like a positive place....never ever:cry:

Still learning it's safe to be me here sharing myself (well, frankly anywhere, but especially here)....taking risks are scary....baby steps for me as well (just like I share with others)...... placing the photos upI realize now was a bit Cathartic in a number of ways...for me....realizing that I have lost alot of weight is a reality in my mind...in particular never really noticing it on my body as a whole until I saw the pics on my AV.........so good came of it, I now see that I have changed...I knew I had on the inside, and yes of course I know I no longer need to catch my breath running upstairs or walking etc..

I do of course notice I now have a waist and each time I workout in the pool it's something that is a pretty awesome feeling when I place my hands at my waist for a partciular excercise....what a great feeling.....to have one again. lol Some of you probably know what I mean....

I notice muscle definition ......but I guess I thought you all would think what a fat pig...what's SHE doing here!:blushing: :noway: :cry: Oh geesh....now those would be my thoughts of risking taking...of fear....not sure where that came from as I rarely ever ever think that of myself again but it all came rushing back yesterday....those thoughts I used to have of myself... apparently still do from time to time...:blushing:

Now would I EVER judge anyone that way myself....NO WAY!!!!! :blushing: :noway: :noway: :huh: :cry: But we are often most unkind to ourselves when we are in the midst of change.... I have one foot in that past and one foot moving forward...working on getting the other one moving more quickly forward and out of the past.....

I know it's gonna be hard to hear this and even to say it....but I am glad you guys did this even though it felt awkward..... feeling bullied was in my head.... if someone has the best of intentions in their heart.... and the other person (now that would be me...lol) takes it differently...then it becomes my issue........which I will continue to work through as I continue to get to know and love myself better.

Thanks for allowing me to have all these feelings spoot out on the board this way.... :cry: :blushing: :wink:

I didn't mean to hurt anyone feelings by sharing my own... I merely expressed mine ...which is what I do want to learn to do (and NOT eat on them like I did in the past)....ackward as it is when we first start out....it will get better and smoother as I continue to unravel the ball of yarn within that's become sooooooo ovious now that the food is no longer apart of the equation.

Covering feelings with food, then removing that defense can make a person feel raw and very exposed...I believe that's how I felt.... some of you all had for the most part accepted me for me....then I took a huge risk of sharing photo's... I may not have been ready to expose myself that much having been on here only a few monthes...each of us is different....

Ok, well just jumped on here to send an email or two to friends and now back to bed .....hmmm or maybe not maybe I will eat a light breakfast and hit the gym when it opens instead to do some extra cardio and start my day out right.....then do a couple water classes .......:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

You all have certainly given me much to think about.......... and I thank you for that... it was me who felt uncomfortable sharing myself totally not really anything you all did in particular, I didn't understand that last night.....:blushing: :noway: :smile: ..

So please accept my feelings for what they are..... somedays a great big tangled mess of yarn I work on each day to get to the other end of...acceptance of myself:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

G'day to all....:flowerforyou:

Elizabeth:heart:

FC
    you are a gem....in every sense!
    Have a great birthday...may you have many many more to come..
    God bless you and your family.:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

FC
    you are a gem....in every sense!
    Have a great birthday...may you have many many more to come..
    God bless you and your family.:heart:
    Thanks Sweetie:smooched: You're a wonderful friend to have:flowerforyou:
    You always make me smile....and always have a kind word:drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I thought I would share my quote with you because this is what I am working on. My husband loved me when I was 175 he also loved me when I was 237 but at both of these weights I didn't love myself and you have to love yourself to feel comfortable in your own body. :heart:

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Perfectly said, Samantha! I've been working on how to say those exact words all morning. :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Perfectly said, Samantha! I've been working on how to say those exact words all morning. :flowerforyou:

thank you. I knew as soon as I read that paragraph that that was what I am going through and this quote is helping me learn to love myself through every stage of this weight loss journey. I am slowly but surely learning to love myself.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday:drinker:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options

I thought I would share my quote with you because this is what I am working on. My husband loved me when I was 175 he also loved me when I was 237 but at both of these weights I didn't love myself and you have to love yourself to feel comfortable in your own body. :heart:

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    what a perfect quote....hope it's ok if I share it in the inspirational quotes thread?:flowerforyou: Thank you for taking a few moments to share that....it's something we ALL need to hear:heart::happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a lovely birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Happy Birthday:drinker:

thanks Adrienne:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: