Dress comparison pics (5 months/27lbs lost)

Options
shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
So this is a mini progress thread of sorts. I bought this dress in September, 2014. It was on the clearance rack for $3 and I just couldn't pass it up. I bought it in a smaller size then would actually fit me at the time, because it was a little late in the year to be wearing it. One of those it doesn't fit now, but by Spring it should be a good fit purchases.

So tonight I tried it on again just to see how close to being able to wear it. My hope was that I was close enough to it being the right size that I'd be able to wear it to my Family get together around Easter. Anyway, here's the comparison from the first time I tried it on to tonight.

Sept 26, 2014 vs Tonight (Feb 26, 2015)
0txw57lqs6dd.jpg

1.JPG 821.9K

Replies

• Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference! Congratulations.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Now it looks too big for you! It's not doing your new, smaller curves justice. I guess that's a good problem to have
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It suits you better! But by Easter, will it still be ok? Maybe not and you ll have to find even smaller clothes ^.^ congrats!
  • talyncoleman
    talyncoleman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • ljglivingfree
    ljglivingfree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree, i think it'll be too big. Too bad in a way cuz its very pretty (love the color!) But awesome in a way too! The top looks like there is too much gappy material. You could alter it or have it altered. Much smoother from the back view....very nice!
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • SojournerYouth
    SojournerYouth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job--very inspiring!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should have it altered. A few darts in the back will help it show off your shape more. Right now it doesn't flatter your waist or bust - though it does show off your great legs and arms!
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Wear it now.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Update:
    After I posted this, I stuck the dress back in my closet and forgot about it until I stumbled across it tonight.

New comparison pics for you:

npmzb9q8038n.jpg
    osnxeusxuisz.jpg
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    ummm, you can't wear that tent anywhere. Time for a new dress! :) congratulations on your loss!
  • denikess11
    denikess11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Time to go shopping again! :-)
    So how did you do it? I could use some motivation right now...
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Wow, AMAZING!!!!
  • SweeterDeath
    SweeterDeath Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Guuuuurl time to throw that Dress away!! Great freakinh job! The dress does u noooo justice ! Time for a new one that fits u :)
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    denikess11 wrote: »
    Time to go shopping again! :-)
    So how did you do it? I could use some motivation right now...

I used MFP to track my food and a food scale to weigh what I ate or at least made at home. A Fitbit to track my activity and to adjust my calories on MFP according to how active or inactive I was.

For working out, I used a DVD Program called X-TrainFit at Home, Rockin' Body, and some Leslie Sansone DVDs. In Feb, I started going to the gym. Since Feb, I lift 3 x a week, do cardio 2-3 x a week and try to get 10k steps a day (recently increased to 12k).
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    ummm, you can't wear that tent anywhere. Time for a new dress! :) congratulations on your loss!
    Wow, AMAZING!!!!
    Guuuuurl time to throw that Dress away!! Great freakinh job! The dress does u noooo justice ! Time for a new one that fits u :)

Thanks :drinker: It's now in a pile of clothes to take to a thrift shop. I really do need to go clothes shopping. I'm running out of clothes that fit :laugh:
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!