salad dressing

Options
I'm looking for ideas. I don't want to use creamy store bought dressings. Has anyone made something yummy and healthy?

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a yummy italian dressing
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lazy with my homemade dressings! For a creamy dressing I use half lower fat mayo and half apple cider vinegar, for a vinaigrette substitute I use either balsamic/olive oil or lemon/olive oil.

This Caesar salad recipe is the bomb though: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013104-classic-caesar-salad
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can make all different kinds of vinaigrettes, like mustard, red wine, Parmesan etc. I like to look for recipes on paleo sites because they have healthy substitutions. I also make my own creamy dressing, like honey mustard with just mayo, mustard and honey, and I like it better than store bought.
  • smurfindasea
    smurfindasea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great! thanks ya'll. that gives me somewhere to start!
  • SamTJones
    SamTJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ideas. I don't want to use creamy store bought dressings. Has anyone made something yummy and healthy?

Mmmm...I use vegan mayo, vinegar, basil, with black pepper and go from there.

• ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I make my own honey mustard for salads and dipping. I just use mayo (or veganaise), honey and mustard. It's that easy, and sooo good!