exercise at the office

Options
I work in a bank, so not much activity. Does anybody have any small/easy exercises that would be doable in the office? We are a smaller branch so we have quite a bit of down time. Id like to make it productive. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Replies

• grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Walking during lunch time. Drink plenty of water too. Blessings.
  • AwfHand
    AwfHand Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I work in a 4 story building and find that by drinking a lot of water and using the restroom on the ground floor, I can get about 16 floors worth of stair-climbing in per day. There is also a seldom used stairwell on a far end of our building where I'll do up and down repeats after my lunch or break time or before/after work.

But I'm still pushing for a pedal-powered desk...
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Think of water cooler exercises. Calf-raises and if you can get away with it glute-squeezes and squats. I trained myself to suck in my gut and stand up straight like I did in highschool ;)
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Desk push-ups, squats, chair dips, lunges, and of course walking as Grandma suggested.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    "Desk push-ups" Love 'em.

Best way to do push-ups! ;) And keep your elbows close to your sides.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I use my lunch break to go ride
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have a gripper that I use at work on grip strength at my desk. I tend to use it like a stress ball....I get some weird looks....BUT when I nail my first pull up it'll be the best thing EVER.

At my old job if all the bosses were out my supervisor and I would take a 15min break in the afternoon and do a YouTube workout vid. It was hilarious in dress clothes (shoes removed).
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Desk push-ups.. that's with feet on desk, hands on ground, right? ;)

OP - if you can take a 30 min walk at lunch, that will do wonders. If you want to get serious about it... look into getting a tread-desk.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use the Move app for my iPhone. It notifies me every 45 minutes to do a specific exercise.

It comes pre-loaded with certain exercises and you can buy more exercise packs through the app (which I've done.) For an office setting like yours, I would recommend the Office add-on because those exercises are less embarrassing to do at your desk.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id555994760
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Lift up bags of money and put them down