This is Ridiculous

Options
WonkaNerd
WonkaNerd Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 22. That's young right? I'm fresh out of college, and there are so many new opportunities to explore. There's just one small problem. I'm out of energy. I'm having difficulty concentrating. I thought, at first, something was seriously wrong.

I got blood test results back earlier this week. Everything looked pretty good. Although there was one area that sunk low on the scale. My protein levels. I'm not eating enough, and I'm not eating right. I've been at this conclusion before, and I've started out strong, but things fell flat shortly. Now it's time to make a change. A serious effort to change. At the rate I'm going, I won't make it very far.

If I want the energy to pursue my goals or to help others pursue their goals ... If I want to live ... then it's time for a change. This is ridiculous.

Replies

• jensterk
    jensterk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I've been a vegetarian for many years, and get all the protein I need from non-animal sources. Think of eating whole and natural, and you'll be feeling better in no time. Add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We can help you.
  • WonkaNerd
    WonkaNerd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I'm sure it's going to take a lot of work. I'll need all the help I can get. :)
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You got this! :smiley:
  • VikkaVoss
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Firstly, congrats on graduating college! That life can certainly drain one & set up some depleting eating / studying /sleeping habits. Now your body's in a sort of shock, with a new routine & schedule. Ease into eating right by using the tools onsite. I had to... never knew much about calories before happening upon this site. Best of luck, stick with it & congrats!