Starting Over!

Options
Hello FitnessPals!! I have used MyFitnessPal in the past and I lost 20 pounds! Since then I have gotten married, moved, lost my job and lost my Mother all in the same year. Its been a rough 2014 but its 2015 now and I'm ready to make a lifestyle change for myself! I have put on 25 pounds since my Mother passed in November and I don't feel good about myself. My self- esteem is so low. Its been a slow start back here for me but I know in my heart this is what I truly want! I want to lose 60 pounds all together. I am currently 215. The highest weight I've ever been and it really makes me sad. I have never gotten so out of breath by just doing the simple things like tying my shoes or walking up stairs at work. For a while just looking at my shoes made me mad because I was so depressed, even when I knew going for a walk would help make me feel better! I just refused and turned to food for comfort. I want to have children sometime soon and have told myself I need to lose this weight for the health of myself and my future children. I know that the support from my friends here will help me along my journey!

Replies

• eachuff1975
    Options
    I had a stressful 2014 and put on 30+ lbs. It does totally does suck and is depressing. I am getting back on tracking what I eat and all. I wish you luck!!
  • BeaNels
    Options
    I wish you luck also!! 2015 is a new year for us!
  • faaizahassan25
    faaizahassan25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're in right place. I'm sure you'll reach your goals.
  • BeaNels
    Options
    Thank you!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the determination and self-control to shake off the temptations and move steadily toward your goals. One thing that has helped me is realizing that there is no starting over. Thinking that I'll just start over next Monday or next month or on New Year's day was only an excuse to sabotage myself until then. Now I realize that life is a continuum. I can only build on what came before; I can't erase it. I'm looking ahead to the body I want to live in and building it choice by choice today.
  • daviloreana
    daviloreana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also put on about 20 pounds in 2014 and am looking to lose about 60 pounds all together. Let's help each other make a new start =] feel free to add me, I think having support is really necessary during this journey.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck!