Today i took "before" photos. . . now it's hard work until i

Options
I've been so inspired lately by the MFP member before/after shots on these message boards. It's amazing how much weight some people have been able to shed. I took three "before" photos today after finishing day 5 of the 30 Day Shred video. . . I took them because I knew it would be even more motivation to keep working out, eating healthy, and getting to where i want to be. I feel like i'm already seeing a difference in tone in my arms and abs after eating consciously for a week and a half and doing five days straight of Jillian's videos. . . I don't even care if it's all in my head. Feeling the slightest difference is huge motivation for me.
Since I've been logging everything I'm eating for the past week or so i've definitely noticed that i'm drinking less wine, and (trying to) eat less cheese. Those are my biggest weaknesses and definitely my major source of hidden calories. I can't believe how small a "serving size" of cheese is!! Anyway. I'm feeling pretty good. I have a wedding to go to in Mid-June and i'm really hoping i'll be able to wear a sleeveless dress with confidence. . . and maybe leave the Spanx at home!

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Welcome Molly! I just posted my 4 month progress pics a few days ago, but I used to be where you are now. As you start to see progress, it makes it that much easier to keep going! Good LUCK!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Whatever inspires you or keeps you motivated - DO IT! Keep up with your hard efforts. :flowerforyou:
  • Lexxie2004
    Lexxie2004 Posts: 8
    Options
    good luck! you can do it. aww, spanx are still a dear friend of mine, lol.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I pretty much gave up cheese in my daily intake. On occasion, I will still have some, like today. I have before pictures from last year, and still trying to get to an after shot.
    Good luck leaving the Spanx behind. I HATE those things!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have taken some for real before pics... and measurements!! do measurements for sure!! it would seem lots more satisfying now!
  • litebright33
    litebright33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It is important to find what motivates you, and if you are noticing a difference in yourself then you are doing something right! I gained quite a bit of weight while I was away at school and when I finally weighed myself I wasn't discouraged by how much I had gained. Instead, I looked at the number and said "I will never see this number again!"
    Pictures and measurements are better things to go by then what the scales say anyway. So if you have a cloth measuring tape you should measure different parts of your body. Sometimes even when the scale stays the same, your measurements go down and it keeps your motivation alive. Keep it up :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    It is not in your head! I did the shred and my arms and abs are hard! I still have a lot of fat on top of my muscle,but when I burn that off I am gonna be ripped! lol
  • huh ok...cool keep it up. i dont even know where im at. and chea i shoulda did before pics or something.
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Litebrite33... This very encouraging... Sometimes, the scale always read differently but I notice that my clothes are getting looser!!! However, my friend stay encourage on your weight loss journey... You can become "SPANX Free"
  • mollymarshmallow
    mollymarshmallow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I looked at the number and said "I will never see this number again!"

I totally did just this. . . I always knew that I had gained the "freshman 20" in college but when i'm now 5 years out of college and my weight has crept up to and over what i weighed then i knew it was time. I will never see 150 on the scale again.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    WTG molly! Takes some confidence to take the pics in teh first place, mine are lurking around on the motivation board, didn't half give me a kick up the butt when I realised how big that I actually was! Good Luck! xx
  • mollymarshmallow
    Options
    Do any of you guys use a heart-rate monitor when exercising? I was looking at the options at a fitness store the other day but i don't wanna spend $30 for something that isn't really necessary.
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    its is NOT in your head... the more defined arms and abs. i started noticing in those areas a few days after starting the shred... i totally believe you.
  • litebright33
    litebright33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do use a heart rate monitor and I love it. It tracks exactly how many calories I burn and my heart rate. I have a polar but they are a little on the pricey side. My suggestion is to buy one on eBay. You can often times get them for way less than a sports store. I look at the different ones for sale and then research them to see if they are good or not before I purchase it. I got my dad and my cousin one and they both love theirs and now my boyfriend wants one as well. Hope that helps?
  • mollymarshmallow
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I'd just love to know exactly how many calories i'm burning, and not just what the elliptical/treadmill says.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I took my before pics yesterday . . . I went to a Walmart dressing room and took them because we have no full-length mirrors in the house and I was too embarrassed for anyone else to see me almost naked!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!