No change??

Options
I'm currently 11stone with a 1200 calorie goal, my target is to lose 1stone. I'm carefully weighing and measuring every morsel that passes my lips (honestly) I have a desk job but keep active during the day, i wear a pedometer daily to ensure I get at least 10k steps (often much more) I train at the gym 4 x per week, where I rotate between PT sessions, 5k runs, Zumba, spinning, kettlebells and VIPR classes. i drink a minimum of 2ltrs of water daily, but sadly the scales haven't shifted since I started Feb 16th??. Can anyone relate or enlighten me as to how I get a loss?. Thanks!

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    One stone = about 14 pounds, right? What do you have your weekly pound goal set to? It may be too aggressive and you need to set your weight loss to .5 pound a week. Another thing, do you have your activity level set to sedentary or lightly active? MFP could be estimating that you are burning more calories throughout the day than you actually are burning through normal activity.

Also, you may need to look at inches lost instead of weight loss to get a better idea of whether your plan is working for you.

Plus, 10-11 days isn't really enough time to tell if this is the best plan for you to lose weight on. Most people will advise giving it 4-6 weeks to see if you are getting results.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Try the IIFYM calculator and see what it says. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ MFP gave me a 1240 calorie goal (I'm 5'9" and SW 223 lbs). It was way too low. It takes over 1500 calories just to meet the basic needs for my body to work. IIFYM matched very closely with what my nutritionist recommended.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Also are you weighing yourself at the same time of day with the same clothes? I prefer to weigh myself first thing in the morning when I get up, after going to the bathroom, wearing only my undies. If you weigh yourself in the morning then again in the afternoon you'll see an amazing difference in weight, lol
  • primrose2572
    primrose2572 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes 1 stone is 14lbs. I've set MFP to sedentary because of my job. I entered 1.5lbs loss per week which gave me 1200 calories, changing to 1lb loss p/w which only gave me an extra 10 calories ie 1210. I don't eat back my calories from exercise either so would have hoped even for a small loss?. I guess I'm being hasty, but will continue with MFP. There's no way the scales can stay the same given my low calorie intake an exercise levels.
  • primrose2572
    Options
    I've just calculated my TDEE and its 1893 and BMR 1377 - how so I equate those numbers into the correct amount of daily calories??? Anyone? Thanks!
  • primrose2572
    Options
    Yes I weight the same time each morning in my birthday suit lol!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    11 days may not be enough to see a difference - depending on timing. As women we tend to retain water based on our monthly cycle - and then there is sodium, stress, etc. sources of water retention.

Aim for 1400-1600 calories a day if your TDEE is ~1900 and your goal is to lose 14 pounds. (.5-1 pound per week goal) And give it 6-8 weeks. Compare weight today with weight 30 days ago, and look for a downward trend.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    11 days isn't very long. Patience is key here.
  • dkhuff1
    dkhuff1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Take measurements too monthly. You may see changes in how your clothes fit. If you are losing inches then you are losing fat usually. In that case, who cares what the scale says
  • primrose2572
    Options
    Thanks folks! I need to be patient indeed. I'll stick to 1200 for the time being, the scales must shift at some point. Will defo start measuring myself as this will be good change monitor.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    1.5 lb/week is overly aggressive too for only a 1 st total goal loss.

Personally, I'd change to 1/2 lb per week (or 1 lb/week if you're REALLY aggressive). And yes, then patience.
  • primrose2572
    Options
    You're probably right! Perhaps my goals are a little aggressive, therefore I have just recalculated my goals based on 0.5 loss and it allows me 1460 per day, im going to go with that as I've been feeling rather weak and fatigued this week. Its only 260 more calories, but it's probably what my body needs. As stated my TDEE is 1898 so I'm still eating in deficit?, I also never eat back my exercise calories. So I should be still able lose weight eating at 1460. Right?
    Thanks!