CRAFT BEER LOVERS: How do you track beer calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    segacs wrote: »
    This is a brilliant resource for craft beer lovers. It allows you to quickly estimate the calories based on ABV:

cal-chart.jpg

beeroftomorrow.com/calories-in-craft-beer/

Speaking of which, I've got a brewery tasting event scheduled for this weekend, a beer and chocolate workshop next week, and of course a bunch of festivals this spring and summer.

Mmmm, craft beer...

Boo, the chart doesn't go up to 18%. It would have failed me last week. I use ratebeer or pick a similar beer with a higher calorie listing. I like erring on the side of caution.

It's a formula though - you can calculate it based on the pattern in the chart.

This is what I get for trying to read the thread on my phone while out for a walk... :cheers:
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    It's a formula though - you can calculate it based on the pattern in the chart.

The really simple estimation method:
    Calories per ounce = ABV x 2.5

You're welcome. :)
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Too many empty Cals

oh yes...

• penneysfit
    penneysfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love craft beers but stick to Amstel Light -- only 95 cals and still tasty :)
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com has a pretty solid database :smile:
  • kdhith
    kdhith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this thread! Very helpful!
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    At the risk of sounding sexist I'm loving all the fellow females who have chipped in with beer suggestions. Although I don't indulge as often as I used to I still love a good porter or IPA and exercise (walk the pub) to earn the Cals in order to enjoy it.