Not eating enough with exercise??

Options
Noob here. I was wondering if I'm eating enough. I burn 484 a day and after that, my calories only add up to 1,100 at the most. Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Replies

• alipally96
    alipally96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here find it hard to use up all my calories
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    1,100 is quite low.
  • vickitoriaa86
    Options
    Awww man. Do I have to? My weight is embarrassing... Lol. My calorie goal is 1,410 but with working out I CANNOT make that.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Awww man. Do I have to? My weight is embarrassing... Lol. My calorie goal is 1,410 but with working out I CANNOT make that.

Just curious, if you can't manage to eat a net 1,410 calories a day, how did you get in a position where you want to lose weight?

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

This is the internetz we don't know you. In order to help most we need stats.
  • donnawtm
    donnawtm Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Just curious, if you can't manage to eat a net 1,410 calories a day, how did you get in a position where you want to lose weight?

If it's anything like me I was eating very high calorie foods. I seem to eat more food now than I did before MFP but sometimes get to the end of the day and haven't used my calories.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so lean and eat fat! Put butter on veggies, eat nuts and nut butters, have full fat dairy (sourcream, cheeses, mayo, yogurt, milk, etc.) and have fatty meats (salmon, beef, pork, etc.).
  • vickitoriaa86
    Options
    Yes, I was eating high calorie unhealthy food and not paying attention to caloric intake. I was also sedentary.

I just started working out again after purchasing an elliptical after a year break and 55lb weight gain. I developed plantar fasciitis and couldn't run anymore so that helped with weight gain. THAT'S how I got into a position of wanting to lose weight. I'm doing something about it.

Anyway,

Height: 5 ft 4
    Weight: 226 (eww)
  • vickitoriaa86
    Options
    donnawtm wrote: »

If it's anything like me I was eating very high calorie foods. I seem to eat more food now than I did before MFP but sometimes get to the end of the day and haven't used my calories.

Yep! Lol :(
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    1730 would give you a 20% deficit. I calculated your TDEE as sedentary..so 1730 plus about half of your exercise calories is about what you should be eating..unless you want a slightly higher deficit.

So yeah..youre not eating enough.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Note that high calorie doesn't necessarily mean "bad"...calories aren't a good measure of actual nutrition. At some point, people need to get over the whole "good" food "bad" food thing and realize that they need to meet their nutritional needs as well as caloric needs.

How the hell are people going to ever eat maintenance if they can't manage their paltry cutting calories?

Here's some ideas...eat some nuts, avocados, saute some veggies or roast them in olive oil..have a piece of cheese, have some peanut butter with your apple, have full fat dressing with your salad (note the dietary fat is an essential macro nutrient and not the devil...dietary fat doesn't make you fat).

Part of this whole thing and part of being fit and healthy is learning how to properly feed your body...
  • vickitoriaa86
    Options
    1730 would give you a 20% deficit. I calculated your TDEE as sedentary..so 1730 plus about half of your exercise calories is about what you should be eating..unless you want a slightly higher deficit.

Holy poo!!! Dang... Thank you!
  • vickitoriaa86
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Note that high calorie doesn't necessarily mean "bad"...calories aren't a good measure of actual nutrition. At some point, people need to get over the whole "good" food "bad" food thing and realize that they need to meet their nutritional needs as well as caloric needs.

How the hell are people going to ever eat maintenance if they can't manage their paltry cutting calories?

Here's some ideas...eat some nuts, avocados, saute some veggies or roast them in olive oil..have a piece of cheese, have some peanut butter with your apple, have full fat dressing with your salad (note the dietary fat is an essential macro nutrient and not the devil...dietary fat doesn't make you fat).

Part of this whole thing and part of being fit and healthy is learning how to properly feed your body...

I was eating VERY unhealthy. 100% my fault. I'll buy some avocados! I eat cheese once in awhile and have almonds. I'll start using olive oil too. Thank youuuu!
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

You're welcome. Once your weight goes down you will need to recalculate because your calorie goals will change.
  • vickitoriaa86
    Options

You're welcome. Once your weight goes down you will need to recalculate because your calorie goals will change.

I can't wait. I've been working my *kitten* off! :)