no processed food?

Options
I really want to try to not eat any processed food for at least a week, to see how I feel and if I lose any extra weight. Can I have some ideas about good meals and snacks that are only natural food?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    vegetable and homemade hummus dip,yum.
    pretty much any fruit and vegetables.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    yogurt and berries is a yummy snack.
    and natural almonds/walnuts (unsalted,unroasted).
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i actually just gone down doing that! it was my clean eating detox week.
    (i'm a pescatarian) so i ate a lot of fish & veggies.
    also, eggs, natural cheeses and fruits.

like for breakfast i would have eggs with spinach and mushrooms and a serving of fruit
    lunch would be homemade vegetable soup, or homemade lentil sloppy joes, ect
    dinner would be tilapia, or shrimp with a vegetable or two, and brown or jasmine rice.
    i ate cheese sticks, and hardboiled eggs as snacks.

good luck!! i felt great once my week was up :)
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    you will feel soo good if you do!! I make stir frys like everyday!!! brown rice, lots of veggies, and whatever meat i am feeling like that day!! Delicious!! Natural peanut butter and banana on a whole wheat tortilla is delicious for breakfast...fresh strawberries, banan, and grapes make a good fruit salad as well! Good luck!
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try this site, it's really good for non processed recipes.
    Hope this helps :o)

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    oh yeah- and i also made a lot of yogurt and fruit smoothies using all natural greek yogurt and frozen fruit :)
  • ajfoer
    ajfoer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love pancakes so I tend to make clean ones every morning but 2 different recipes.

1) Oatmeal Pancakes
    4 egg whites + 1/2c old fashioned oatmeal + cinnemon and sweetener to taste. Mixed, let sit for 5 minutes for oatmeal to absorb
    Cook like a regular pancake

2) Flax pancakes
    1 egg + 2 egg whites + 3 Tbsp flaxseed (ground) + 1 tsp baking powder + sweetener and cinnemon to taste. Mix and let sit to rise for a few minutes

Cook like a regular pancake. Makes 2 pancakes. I top each with a tablespoon of reduced-fat cream cheese

I also cook a lot from scratch so I can control my own ingredients. I do like soy milk + banana smoothies too.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You should start by making a menu for your week that includes all your meals and snacks. Then only shop along the outside of the grocery store where all the fresh meats and produce are....stick to simple meals.....remember frozen vegetables and fruits are also great...just make sure they do not have any added salts or weird stuff. Good luck. I am always trying to make myself eat less processed food.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    If it comes from the ground or has a mama, eat it!

Check out this website

http://www.your-healthy-eating-helper.com/index.html
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    I've been doing this since I started MFP, which was about 6+ ago. And I feel AWESOME! Bump for the 2 websites that were suggested! =)