NSV...but really???

Options
kacarter1017
kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
A couple days ago I received a coupon on the mail for a pair of free undies from Victoria's Secret. Today I went in to get them. Felt GREAT to know I could wear stuff from VS again! I asked the sales girl what size I should get (I now wear a size 8 in most clothes- a few are 10s). She told me I needed a Large!! Since when is a size 8 considered large!?!?! I picked out a really cute pair and it was terrific walking through the mall with my VS bag, but it was a bit deflating to know it held a size large.

Replies

• jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    In high fashion, a size 12 is considered extra large. "Plus Size" clothes now start at size 12, which is ridiculous. If the average american woman is a size 12/14, then that should be a medium.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That's still an NSV, if you ask me! VS clothes and bathing suits are made abnormally large and cater to those without much curvage, so don't get down on buying a size large when it is more than likely a size medium to small in other stores! :)
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey, enjoy your fabulous free undies! And screw the tag, cut it out when you get em home. And pretend they are a small.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Have you tried them on? I would think you'd be a medium if you're an 8/10.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    VS is "high fashion"? I'm a 2 and an XS at VS, the sizing corresponds as it should for me.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I keep seeing NSV but what does it stand for? I'm guessing something something Victory?
  • RachieRoo323
    Options
    Victorias secret sizes are wack. I am always way bigger sized in there bras. Probably the same for panties! I hate the way there bikini panties fit. Looks like I pooped my pants! I do have narrow hips and I'm short. Maybe they target the super-model folk?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, but I do think VS clothes/undies are sized smaller...

I am just happy cause I can FINALLY wear VS bras again (if I want to)...I used to be a DDD and they do not go above DD...and I am now a DD...woohoo for a "kinda" NSV :)
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Totally relate! I'm a size 8, and the other day I bought a t-shirt at aeropostale...size XL! I had to laugh! Some things never change. The fact that you shopped in VS is awesome...screw the sizing!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her you wear size 8 in underwear or size 8 in pants? Underwear sizing is different. Have you tried them on yet? I bet they're too big for you.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey, enjoy your fabulous free undies! And screw the tag, cut it out when you get em home. And pretend they are a small.

THIS!!
    4431657.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I realized the other day that i am in desprate need of new undies. I'm shrinking in all the wrong places and am no longer fitting in my bras but my butt won't budge.. I haven't even considered Victoria Secrets since i've been shopping at Lane bryant for sooo many years. It's crazy to think that i can once again shop there.

Thank you so much for posting this!!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing NSV but what does it stand for? I'm guessing something something Victory?

Non Scale Victory
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her you wear size 8 in underwear or size 8 in pants? Underwear sizing is different. Have you tried them on yet? I bet they're too big for you.

yep...a size 8 undie is an XL...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I wear two different size panties depending on the style... I have a big booty so I really have to stare at the panties before I buy them, so don't feel defeated!!!! I'm sure I'd be a large in VS too 'cause of all my junk. Just being able to fit into anything there should be the victory. :happy:
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

yep...a size 8 undie is an XL...

Nope, size 8 clothes, not undies. And they fit. Both good and bad I guess. And I'm going to cut the tag out and just be happy that I'm back at VS!!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Oh well, everyone knows VS sizes their stuff really small!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!