Hypnosis- anyone have some good apps?

I'm looking for ways to relieve stress instead of turning to food, and have read good things about hypnosis, or what really seem like meditation apps.

Does anyone have any specific youtube videos, iTunes podcasts, or other apps they have used and found effective?

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    I have only recently (a few months) been doing Guided Meditations on YouTube. I like a lot of the stuff by The Honest but there are lots and lots of them out there. Try a few until you find a voice that you like. This is a short one that I use at work sometimes but there are 1000's that are similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyy0ra2WcQQ

These have helped me a lot. I hope they help you also :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Meant to post a link, not the actual video.
  • apfei
    apfei Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2015
    I like a free YouTube session here.
  • hh07
    hh07 Posts: 33 Member
    Virtual gastric band is a good app - it's about £5 in the app store. Helped me be more mindful about eating.
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm looking into all of these, thank you!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Exercise relieves stress :wink:
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    i_believe_in_woo_woo_bumper_stickers-rff5f78f9685e43b5a21ab010eec5beab_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    jody whateley on youtube shes great
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    You might try yoga. It gets the body moving, and can have a nice meditation side to it, depending on the instructor (or how you approach it yourself). I always tell people I do yoga more for my mental health than anything else :)
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    I"ll check out the youtube video, thank you "theskinnyonme" I do exercise, nearly every day, and certainly feel empowered and less anxious afterwards, but it's not enough. I did one of the hypnosis tapes last night and this morning...so we'll see how today goes. I'll take even a placebo effect! :)