Huge tip on not binging

Options
I was HUGE on binging...if it was candy, chocolate, carbs, anything! A tip that works wonders for me is to ALWAYS have my Listerine strips next to me and force myself to have one after a bite or a small portion. You can either use the strongest mouth wash, or the mintiest gum you can find (the ones that lasts longer than a couple mins). Trust me, you WON'T want any food after you have that STRONG minty taste in your mouth. Just make sure you put it in your mouth RIGHT AFTER you take 1 or 2 bites. Ok enough with the caps...sorry lol. Hope this helps anyone with binging problems or portion control problems! :)

Replies

• Ourjobasparents
    Ourjobasparents Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Interesting ... :) I will see about this the next time I have a trying time. Why must everything so bad for you taste so darn good :(
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hummmm.....good suggestion. I will certainly give it a try. I ate a piece of chocolate this evening and then ate 4 more! I was so mad afterwards. Maybe this will help me! Thanks.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is a brilliant idea!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hmm never thought of this but sounds about right... I dont like those dentine (sp?) minty gums or anything like it.. thinking about it, it would make my craving go away.. those always make me kinda nauseated haha.. thanks :)
  • EquestrianLark135
    EquestrianLark135 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Binging is a HUGE problem for me that I NEED to stop...so I'm DEFINITELY going to try this. lol..sorry...apparently I like to use caps too... :ohwell:
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This interests me strangely....Thank you for the tip!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I heard this in a reply to a post once before on MFP but haven't tried it yet.
    Someone was having some cravings and posted on MFP for help and someone else said
    "QUICK, go brush your teeth!"
    Sounds funny, I know but I guess it works for some people.
    I will have to try and remember it when a craving hits me...

Keep on...keepin' on...
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    But it has to be a really strong mint that lasts longer than only a couple mins, that's why i suggest Listerine because that's the strongest i know of...
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This actually REALLY helped me when I first started trying to lose weight in my teens.
    After every meal, I would go brush my teeth and floss. It seems so dumb to go eat after you went to the trouble of all that..
    It's also a good way to cut yourself off for the night. I try not to eat after 8, so after I eat my dinner or snack, I will go wash my face and brush my teeth to get into sleep mode. It tends to turn off the craving I was having.
    On a side note ~ They've done studies about the effects of mint on appetite. You tend to eat I think it was 20% more simple by smelling mint before you sit down to a meal. If you take peppermint essential oil and take a big whiff it makes you less hungry.
    ( I watch a lot of documentaries about food..)
  • amylynn9
    amylynn9 Posts: 40
    Options
    Oooh OR Minty lip gloss! You can get good stuff from Bath and Body Works!!
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    Interesting ... :) I will see about this the next time I have a trying time. Why must everything so bad for you taste so darn good :(

I know! My doctor told me, "If it tastes good, spit it out!" How unfair!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I was HUGE on binging...if it was candy, chocolate, carbs, anything! A tip that works wonders for me is to ALWAYS have my Listerine strips next to me and force myself to have one after a bite or a small portion. You can either use the strongest mouth wash, or the mintiest gum you can find (the ones that lasts longer than a couple mins). Trust me, you WON'T want any food after you have that STRONG minty taste in your mouth. Just make sure you put it in your mouth RIGHT AFTER you take 1 or 2 bites. Ok enough with the caps...sorry lol. Hope this helps anyone with binging problems or portion control problems! :)
    Crest Pro Health toothpaste is a good deterent to eating as well. It leaves my mouth minty fresh for hours and kills my tastebuds. lol
  • fireflyChic
    Options
    thanks for sharing ... i will try this :smile:
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No problem guys :)
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for this! I hate it when I binge
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yeh that is what i do. my mouth feels so clean and fresh i dont want to eat.