Is weight taken into consideration?

Options
I'm curious if whether your weight is being factored in when logging cardio exercise? Does anyone know?

The only reason why I ask is because I just logged my evening cardio and it gave me one number, then just to see, I went to another website that I know of where it actually asks you to enter you weight and how long. Well that site, gave me a number that was about half the number the MFP gave me.

So, I'm a little confused right now.

Replies

• BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Good question... Will you please share the other website email address!!! If you find out the answer to this question, please share it... Add me as a friend if you like.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It should be but it's still not as accurate as if you were to use a heart rate monitor which will have your height, weight, and of course, heart rate. I know $100 is a lot to shell out on one thing for a lot of people but honestly, once I did that, I feel like I always know what to expect from my body.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered that. I mean someone who is 200lbs of muscle is probably going to burn a different amount of calories than someone who is 200lbs of fat, right?
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Here is the other website that I sometimes use to calculate:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned_list.asp

I used to belong to the site, but wasn't a huge fan of it like I am MFP... though this was one cool tool that they had.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Weight is taken into consideration, as my weight has decreased the number of calories burned has decreased. However now that I have a HRM, I've learned that I'm actually burning more that the MFP database calculated.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    It should be but it's still not as accurate as if you were to use a heart rate monitor which will have your height, weight, and of course, heart rate. I know $100 is a lot to shell out on one thing for a lot of people but honestly, once I did that, I feel like I always know what to expect from my body.

You're absolutely right. I normally run/jog on a treadmill so it's easier to track. Although, when I'm running/jogging, I don't hold onto the heart rate monitors so it's probably not as accurate as a HRM would be. I will be breaking down and getting one, then I'll move onto the problem of "which one to get". ;-)