Any other Mummys of 4 or more kids?

Options
MummyDB
MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
Just wondering if there are any other newbies out there that have a larger than average 2.5 kid fam. :smile:

I have four kids, gained weight after each pregnancy. Joined MFP today. Looking to loose min of 40 lbs. Started a book called Prayfit a week and half ago. Lost 2 lbs. Easy to do excercise. So am thinking the combo of that book and this site will help me in my weight loss journey.

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mum of 5, friend me if you'd like
  • missyeighmy
    missyeighmy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mommy of 4 and i started 9 days ago.
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mom to 4, here. All high risk pregnancies resulting in c-sections. I gained weight AFTER having each baby, never gained more thatn 4 or 5 lbs during pregnancy that didn't come off with the birth. I've lost 38 pounds in the last three months. MFP is awesome. I'd like to lose 22 more, although I'm almost at my initial goal of 40 pounds.
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    HI there! Welcome. I have 4...been on here for about 2 months and LOVE it! I am just shooting for that last 10 pounds...won't budge despite such great advice from folks on here!
  • jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Another Mom of 4 trying to get fit again! it feels so good to get moving again. Feel free to friend me!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Hello! I have three right now and my fourth due in July. Gained loads of weight and need to lose loads of weight! Add me if you like. I offically start losing weight til after the baby but I can offer some encouragement and support! Add me!
  • dterrell18
    dterrell18 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a single mom of seven, just joined today.I had lost 16 lbs about a month ago but gained most of it back, because I just lost focus and got discouraged.But I have several positive changes in my life right now and I'm trying to change my physical appearance to match my inner changes. Whats the Prayfit book about?
  • Jenny_Gentry
    Options
    Mom of 4 here as well! I started gaining weight in college and was technically considered morbidly obese (I really hate that phrase) before I even got married, weighing 180 lbs. Pregnancy was the one time where my doctor actually kept having to encourage met to gain weight. With each pregnancy, I only put on about 10-15 lbs, and as 3 out of 4 of my babies were at the 8 lb mark and above, you know that was mostly all baby.

My parents (especially my dad) were overweight, and so I learned some bad behaviors from watching them as a kid. I really don't want to pass on my poor health choices to my children. I want them to see a Mama who is fit, active, and makes wise eating decisions.

I originally started on MFP in October, but quickly fell away from it. Yesterday at a doctor's office visit, I was shocked to discover that my blood pressure was elevated. That really scared me into taking matters, finally, into my own hands. So here I am! Would lo be friends with anyone who needs encouragement or has some sage advice and encouragement to share with me. :-)
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have four girls, who I homeschool, so life around these parts is crazy fun! I lost a lot of weight between baby number 2 and maintained it until baby number four, ended up at my heaviest ever. So now I'm working hard to lose it, and NO MORE BABIES, lol.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 4, but.... 1 is biological & 3 are foster children (had for 3 years) does that count? They are 3, 5, 8 & 9.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kim,I have 3 girls who are 10,7,3 and a son who's 2! I'll friend request ya cuz I love moms with more that one kid lol
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That counts for sure!! Don't have to birth them to be their MOM!!:smile:

Blessings Dawn