Sport bras

Options

Replies

• jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »
    Question: from someone who has a/b cups, is wearing a sports bra necessary? Can I wear a regular bra? I only ask because I absolutely ALWAYS forget to pack one when I got to the gym! It's embarrassing but I just wonder if it's making a difference.

I personal can't. I'm a 34A/ 32 B and I need a sports bra to keep the girls in place. I get pretty sore otherwise. I would think that even us smaller busted women need the support. and like a previous poster mentioned sports bras are better at moisture wicking.

OP I us VS Angel sports bras, but as I stated I'm fairly small chested so I'm not sure if they are supportive enough for someone larger than I am. I do highly recommend VS for their sports bras though. They have a huge variety, some with back or even front closure, and they come in a bunch of cute colors.. plus they come in actual bra sizes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »
    Question: from someone who has a/b cups, is wearing a sports bra necessary? Can I wear a regular bra? I only ask because I absolutely ALWAYS forget to pack one when I got to the gym! It's embarrassing but I just wonder if it's making a difference.

I'm like a 32b/30c and I feel uncomfortable in a regular bra. One because my tanks are minimal and some cut low under the armpit/back. And two because it's uncomfortable, the wire and the straps. I like them smashed down ha.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm an E cup and have to wear extremely supportive sports bras which are quite pricey. You can't buy cheap sports bras when you are large chested.

I recommend Shock Absorber and Panache.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I think someone should invent a sports bra with an hrm built in.

Seems like a no brainer.
  • marielm87
    marielm87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i have bigger boobs. but the lane bryant ones really hold me down with I'm working out and they don't move around too much
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it when the chicks start talking boobs.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

Seems like a no brainer.

I don't know how well that would work. What about the daily washing? That would get a little old.

• dougpconnell219
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »

Seems like a no brainer.

I don't know how well that would work. What about the daily washing? That would get a little old.

Could just be a little box that slides into a small pocket on the bra. Kind of like the polar, but with no strap.
  • midnight419
    midnight419 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lululemon Stuff Your Bra. It's supportive, doesn't chafe, has an open back, and has pockets.
  • Hollysue22
    Hollysue22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had trouble finding a good one myself. Nothing at academy worked for me.
  • cosmos04
    cosmos04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got a VS bra last week and omg it's under wire too I can do jumps and not have them smacking me in the face lol
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

Seems like a no brainer.

Hey Doug! Why are you reading the sports bra discussion? Oh, right - you're a guy, LOL! Actually, I think you've got a good idea and I think fitbit and other monitors clip onto the bra. A built in monitor would be a good seller!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Seems like a no brainer.
    @dougpconnell219
    There are some that you can clip the HRM transmitter to. There are even a few you can buy that come with a HRM transmitter.
    0eqr3871wij5.jpg

• lynnk1971
    lynnk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    Maia has been best support for me so far. Underwire / full coverage / typical sports bra look. 34DD
    (I want to try the Shock Absorber because of the racer back styling -- Amazon has good reviews)

I have 2 shock absorbers and swear by them.. Im 30EE (naturally) so im looking after what momma gave me lol. Seriously, they bearly move while running. Hope this helps
  • 2012ALM
    2012ALM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love moving comfort bras and they close in the back with great support. Yes I paid $72/each, but I am in Australia right now, however they are cheaper in the US.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

Seems like a no brainer.
    @dougpconnell219
    There are some that you can clip the HRM transmitter to. There are even a few you can buy that come with a HRM transmitter.
    0eqr3871wij5.jpg

But the price! Yikes! Lol.

• TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    cosmos04 wrote: »
    I got a VS bra last week and omg it's under wire too I can do jumps and not have them smacking me in the face lol

Pics or it didn't happen
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have the VS Knockout with the front closure and I may never buy another kind. They're cute and SO comfortable, which is a pretty impossible combination to achieve if you actually have traps.
  • dougpconnell219
    Options

Seems like a no brainer.
    @dougpconnell219
    0eqr3871wij5.jpg

Yet another invention someone beat me to.

I invented the snuggle in like 1994. Decided to go to college instead.

That worked out well.