Alcoholic Beverages

Options
I was never big into drinking (i'm 22) but I would have a few Smirnoff's every weekend or a glass of wine. I've completely cut it out 2 months ago because I didn't fully enjoy it anyways, so why waste the calories?

What are your feelings with alcohol and eating healthy?

Replies

• Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The 2 don't really go together...most hardcore dieters dont drink any alcohol for the time they are on a strict diet. Some however, have a glass of wine every so often.
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy a glass or two of wine, especially in social situations. I've found myself finding it easier to limit myself to 1 or 2 glasses instead of maybe 3 or 4 now that i'm tracking what I'm eating so closely, but I don't think I'd ever consider giving it up. I enjoy wine too much haha:drinker:
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I used to think drinking was cool & fun, but now I just don't want to anymore. I don't see the point. I don't really want to load my body with more toxins & make it work harder than it has to just so I can have a few hours of impaired fun that will lead to pain in the morning. lol I can have fun without alcohol, and the best part is, I'll feel great in the morning! lol
  • Daddy_Jacob
    Daddy_Jacob Posts: 34
    Options
    i was a big drinker from beer to malt liquer any thing that gave a good buzz im 23 been drinking since 9 grade so it been tuff not drinking but when i get thinner it will be worth it
  • AshleyLauren589
    Options
    I really enjoy a glass or two of wine, especially in social situations. I've found myself finding it easier to limit myself to 1 or 2 glasses instead of maybe 3 or 4 now that i'm tracking what I'm eating so closely, but I don't think I'd ever consider giving it up. I enjoy wine too much haha:drinker:

I just realized that no one would be very surprised by my opinion on this based on my profile pic, haha
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I just realized that no one would be very surprised by my opinion on this based on my profile pic, haha

Hahaha! I just noticed that!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Look at mine too!!! Plus, I'm enjoying a skinny marg mixed with perrier right now...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • clare9289
    clare9289 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm quite a big weekend drinker, but now that I'm more aware of how many calories are in just one glass of wine I've started drinking spirits with diet coke. So if I'm having 3-4 drinks with friends on a Saturday night I have vodka and diet coke, which equals the calories of about 2 glasses of wine.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Tell that to my second beer tonight!!! :drinker: No, no, it converts to sugar in your body, so I treat it like I would treat a dessert - small portions, like just one drink or beer, and only once in a while. And I'll think twice before going somewhere with 2 for 1 happy hour again! :tongue:
  • AshleyLauren589
    Options

Look at mine too!!! Plus, I'm enjoying a skinny marg mixed with perrier right now...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Sounds delicious! Cheers! :drinker: Haha
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    honestly my biggest issue with drinking while Im trying to be hardcore about losing weight is the next day. for some reason having a few cocktails on Saturday night makes me crave junk food (burgers, egg sammiches, fries etc) the next 3 meals.

This is the number 1 reason i cut out most drinking. i still have a few glasses of wine every now and then but i make sure to log it.
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    I love wine too, a glass or two wont add that many calories
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    This mama drinks a few glasses of wine most nights :)

I was pregnant for 42 weeks (10 months!), breast-fed for 15 months so.... I cop a buzz before bedtime :)

Hasn't effected my weight loss, I figure in the cals and maybe work a little hard knowing that I will get to relax with my wine ;P
  • snakegoddess_3
    Options
    Beer is something I LOVE. I have limited to days off. If I have to work the next day it's a no no. My job is so crazy sometimes I will only get a day off every 2 weeks. So I figure I'm entitled for a little relaxation. Most of the time by then I will have one or two and be passed out on the couch due to exhaustion, not the beer I'd be a really cheap date then. When I am lucky to have more than 2 days off I try to fit it in to my calories or at least be a bit more strict on myself. But if I want to have a BBQ with friends or family I'm going to let myself have beer. I gave up my Dr. Pepper and that was hard enough...no diet is going to take my beer as well!!
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a trouble with dieting and drinking. I enjoy beer and wine. I don't enjoy getting drunk...I like a buzz once in awhile...but mostly I like to have a couple as I enjoy the taste. I struggle with giving it up....especially when the people around me will drink cuz we do alot of camping, quading etc. If anyone could snap me out of it...please do.....I need to find an alternative that I like instead. I'm not a juice or pop drinker....and I drink alot of water already.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I still drink & I enjoy it, I always have. But I only have a glass of wine or a smirnoff once a week. Not almost daily. I could never give it up. Plus a little bit is good for you. And I do mean 1 shot or I small glass of red wine
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine as long as you are aware of the calories you intake. I usually do wine or vodka when I drink. I'm done with mixed drinks and margaritas for the most part. :-)
  • orangegalt
    orangegalt Posts: 47
    Options
    i'll have an occasional glass of wine or cocktail if i really, really want it.

mostly i now drink liquor with a calorie-free mixer (diet soda, diet tonic, club soda), which is usually about 70 calories per drink. i thoroughly enjoy drinking and dancing--i've made a rule that i'm not having more than one drink unless i'm gonna dance--so on those nights i have 5-8 drinks at 70 cals each, and usually dance like i mean it for at least 2 hours, resulting in a small net loss.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I like my beer. I log it when I drink and now it takes less to get me drunk so thats nice lol
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, I'm in it for life. I probably have a bottle of wine spread out through the week, or a few martinis. Never has made a difference in anything, and I work out 5 days a week. I don't get to the point of drunkness anymore (very infrequently!), but I like a good buzz.