dessert

Options
advice please. I have a horrible sweet tooth. After every meal i crave something sweet. I have been doing a lot better than usual but i am still always over in my sugars.. somtimes its an apple or banana that puts me over in my sugars, but the candy doesnt help. When i treat myself to desserts.. which is more often than i should, its usually a weight watchers dessert or sugar free/fat free pudding with 1% milk. Does anyone have any advice on how i can please my sweet tooth without going over my sugar for the day. Thanks!!

Replies

• rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the high-cocoa chocolates? Not low calorie, and high in fat...but very low sugar, and if you like it it doesn't take much to feel you've had a treat. (Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate has something like 0.75g/piece...and about 55-60 calories per piece.)
  • TheCeleste
    TheCeleste Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you like chocolate as much as me? You'll find your sweet tooth is satisfied with really high quality treats, like dark chocolate (at least 72%), and so you only need a little bit. I had such a chocolate tooth and could eat two candy bars before my craving was satisfied. Now I just need to nibble on one square of really nice dark chocolate and I'm GOOD. Y
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    is that a candy bar of some sort? Where would i find that at in the grocery store?
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I buy the Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar-not as bitter as the higher percentages and easy to find in the baking section. Also, the new Extra Dessert Gum-Mint Chocolate Ice Cream flavor is a lifesaver! If you like pumpkin bread, a friend gave me a really good recipe for pumpkin protein bars that are only 92 calories a serving. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • orangegalt
    orangegalt Posts: 47
    Options
    arctic zero--ice cream replacement that's 148 calories for the whole pint (www.myarcticzero.com)
    irene's cranberry biscotti--smallish cookies that are 20 cals each
    extra dessert gum! comes in mint chocolate chip, strawberry shortcake, and key lime pie. 1 piece is 5 cals, but i'm sure you burn that if you chew for 20 min or so
    torani or da vinci sugar-free syrups mixed with whatever. i'll make an ice cream topping by mixing dulce de leche syrup with 0 cal i can't believe it's not butter spray (i actually unscrew the top and pour it out) heated up.... sounds kind of weird, but you can't get a better 0 cal topping
    try replacing your 2% milk with silk unsweetened almond milk (35 cals/cup). if it's not sweet enough, add the aforementioned syrup
    sugar-free jello (or your store brand)--most of the individual serving cups have 5-10 cals
    dannon 80 cal light & fit yogurt in a dessert-y flavor; try freezing for an hour or so if you want it to be more like ice cream
    sugar-free freeze pops, 10 calories each
    trader joe's dark chocolate or dark chocolate caramel wedges--30 or 35 cals each, i forget
    sweetriot cacao nibs--super tiny chocolates that are 1-3 cals per piece
    PB2 or better 'n peanut butter (both also come in a chocolate version)
    those individual 5-10 cal powders to mix in a bottle of water... eat one like a pixie stick :)