Starting Over - Seeking Mutual Support - New Friends

Options
So 2014 sucked. I gained 50lbs. My heaviest was 325, currently 316. Lost my mom to <3 Disease and decided I don't want to die in 20 years. For me weight loss is 30% diet 20% exercise and 50% ATTITUDE. Seeking friends with weight loss goals so we can support each other. CHEERS 2 GETTIN LEAN IN 2015!

Replies

• Bibianne86
    Bibianne86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome, iam29 a mother of 4 and trying to loose 60lb im currently at 220 ... Need motivation and friends , please and me.. We can support EACH other
  • Bibianne86
    Bibianne86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And im very sorry for your lost .. Im sure your mon is proud of you Right now
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    Thanks. I miss her so much and that sounds great!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I;m 47 and have lost 60 + pounds in the last year and a half. I have been here about a week and dropped another pound which is good. I have been stuck between 240 and 243 for a while. Hoping this new process will help me drop the remaining 40 pounds. Feel free to add me if you would like. Im better at exercise than diet but we can figure it out I guess.
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. That is an awesome achievement and I hope to be where you are next year!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    Its not impossible. Cut alot of junk and exercised alot. Now Im counting everything and trying to expand my diet to healthier foods.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    As I log things I am kinda amazed about the calorie numbers lol.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    Like a sandwich roll for a hoagie roll. That was a bummer
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    230 cal
  • shaford1
    shaford1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am about to turn 45 in April and stepped on the scale to witness the numbers 199 in HD. (Smile) I would really like to lose 50 pounds and keep it off. I also would love to be apart of a group that support & lift one another up.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    HI I will send you a friend request
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    As I log things I am kinda amazed about the calorie numbers lol.
    Ikr - Like I skipped the soup with salad so I could have a scoop of ice cream. In theory I should still lose weight even though I had ice cream because I am right at the limit. If this works, I can do this because I don't want to deny myself, but I want to lose weight. Fats at 33%, I'll take that
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    shaford1 wrote: »
    Hello, I am about to turn 45 in April and stepped on the scale to witness the numbers 199 in HD. (Smile) I would really like to lose 50 pounds and keep it off. I also would love to be apart of a group that support & lift one another up.
    Hello, and Happy early birthday!!!! Let's support each other!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    Yep from what I gather from some of the folks who have been here is that the key is calorie defecit....no matter how you can do it. If you can fit the calories into your program and stay under its good.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    Like I love bread...but I have to switch to a better kind of bread because some of it is loaded with calories....easy to go way above where I wanna be. So this weekend I am gonna hunt down better bread like tortillas and pita and such.

I like bread but not at 230 calories and up lol
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    You are "preaching to the choir" about bread. I could go BubbaGump shrimp on bread (Wonder bread - classic, French bread, Italian bread, ooohhh Portuguese rolls Lobster cheddar bay biscuits, MY GRANDMOTHER'S BISCUITS - my attempt at humor) I bought Arnolds Sandwich Rounds. The honey wheat flavor. It's pretty good, I actually mad a panini on the George Foreman and it was good!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    I did a trader joes flat bread this morning. Was awesome. Was just scrambled eggs but it did the job.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    80 less calories. Not huge but its a start lol
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    I never had flat bread, how is it?
  • Mikey_Irish
    Options
    Was really tastey. Was the trader joes wheat flat bread. Was a small calorie cut but thought it tasted better than regular old toast