Need friends for motivation!!

Options
Hey everyone!
I've alway had a weight problem, I guess I have a low metabolism. But 2010-2011 I started using myfitnesspal and I managed to loose 3.5 stone and I was so happy to finally be able to buy clothes I always wanted etc. But in late 2012 I stopped exercising and slowly started to put weight back on. Now in the past year I've gained 2 stone and I've gone back to all my old habits. I've gotten lazy and because I never remember to track what I'm eating I just eat things without even thinking!
If you'd like to join me and help motivate me I'd love it!
I have all my old jeans waiting for me in my spare room for when I loose the weight again.... But so far I just keep falling off the wagon :( I really hope that this time I start will be the time I succeed. And keep it off for good!
:)

Replies

• bobbybigbones
    bobbybigbones Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've had a similar experience in that i lost quite a bit of weight (2.5 stone) around 2012, then started putting it back on in late 2012 and have been gaining ever since. I came to realise that it was emotional eating due to getting stressed at work so i made myself a promise at the beginning of 2015 to never let my job dictate my health. I've also got a wardrobe full of really nice and hardly worn clothes which is helping to keep me motivated!

I think one of the most important things I've started doing is to record calorie intake and make sure i never get hungry enough to go an a binge. My only advice to you would be to work hard at recording everything you eat.

The fact that you've managed to lose the weight before proves that you can do it again. If you're anything like me you'll hopefully find it easier the second time around. Good luck and don't give up!

Rob
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • afacetocallhome
    afacetocallhome Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Like Rob said, the fact you've managed to do it before means you can do it again. Also, you are more than welcome to add me if you want to :smile:
  • lalki
    lalki Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) it's so much easier to get started when you have great encouragement like you've done here for me!
  • Shabbaowl771
    Options
    I have been in the same boat - losing weight and putting back on - but anything's possible if you want to achieve it! Do feel free to add me! X