Healthy meal plan..

Options
hey, im currently trying to regain weight, but im just always full! My meal plan looks like this..
Breakfast: 40g porridge made with water, a tablespoon of milled pumpkin & sunflower seeds, a banana, a kiwi & a glass of milk.
Snack: green tea & a pink lady Apple.
Lunch: quinoa or pasta, chickpea salad with lots of veggies and dressed in a tablespoon of olive oil. With a glass of milk.
Snack: 25g of almonds & a cup of tea made with milk.
Dinner: salmon or chicken, potatoes & veggies.
Snack: 2 weetabix with milk & grapes with a cup of tea made with milk.

Too much fiber perhaps? I like to eat all natural healthy foods! Any meal or snack tips?

Replies

• aboldish22
    Options
    how much do you currently weigh that would be a huge help
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Honestly, that sounds like a meal plan for someone trying to LOSE weight...not gain.

You'll have to give us a little more to go off of than "all natural healthy foods", as that term doesn't mean much - everyone defines it differently.

To gain weight, you need to fit more calories in - try eating more calorie dense versions of the foods you like (ie - is your glass of milk skim, or whole milk? Double up on the nuts. Add butter to your potatoes & veggies. Have a slice of bread with peanut butter with each meal, etc).
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Honestly, that sounds like a meal plan for someone trying to LOSE weight...not gain.

You'll have to give us a little more to go off of than "all natural healthy foods", as that term doesn't mean much - everyone defines it differently.

To gain weight, you need to fit more calories in - try eating more calorie dense versions of the foods you like (ie - is your glass of milk skim, or whole milk? Double up on the nuts. Add butter to your potatoes & veggies. Have a slice of bread with peanut butter with each meal, etc).

It's hard to say that meal plan doesn't suit without knowing the portion size of your lunch and dinner, or your current weight, current calorie goals and macro goals.

OP you'll need to provide further information so people can recommend foods/meals that will fit your philosophy.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    How many calories is that? Honestly, it looks like you're picking a lot of high-volume, low-calorie foods, and it's hard to eat enough apples, salad and veggies to gain weight. No wonder you're always full.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I like eating very healthy too, but sometimes you gotta do what you need to do to meet your goals. I didn't eat enough food today, it is almost bed time and I still need about 1500 calories, so right now I am heating up an entire pizza for myself.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    good like gaining weight on all natural foods…

but what are your states…age/height/weight/gender?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

It's hard to say that meal plan doesn't suit without knowing the portion size of your lunch and dinner, or your current weight, current calorie goals and macro goals.

OP you'll need to provide further information so people can recommend foods/meals that will fit your philosophy.

Actually it seems pretty easy to me to say that meal plan doesn't suit the OP's weight gain goal.

She clearly states that she's always full and having trouble gaining weight. It would seem pretty obvious to me that she needs to incorporate more calorie dense foods into her diet.

That doesn't mean she has to quit eating the foods that she likes (although it mean making a few changes) but instead should try to find a way to get more calories into those foods
  • nwhite16
    nwhite16 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Any thing I can swap?
  • nwhite16
    Options
    aboldish22 wrote: »
    how much do you currently weigh that would be a huge help

7 and a half stone am 5ft 4
  • nwhite16
    Options

As in foods that arnt processed, like bars, ready meals and so on.. I tend to eat as healthy as I can! Which got me losing so much weight in the first place. I drink semi skim milk with my meals as i watch my saturated fat levels.
  • nwhite16
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    good like gaining weight on all natural foods…

but what are your states…age/height/weight/gender?

Im 23 weigh 7 and a half stone, my height is 5 ft 4 and I'm female
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Could you make the porridge with milk instead? and maybe put some honey on top of the porridge and the weetabix - that would add calories without adding fullness.
    Fruit juice is very calorie dense but natural and adds extra vitamins to your day - could you drink that throughout the day?
    Flapjacks can be made with all natural ingredients and are calorie dense and can be eaten on-the-go.
    Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Use full fat milk, use milk in your porridge, swap the chicken for beef or pork, swap your evening cup of tea for hot chocolate of Horlicks made with milk.
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    nwhite16 wrote: »
    Any thing I can swap?

Add some chorizo sausage to your salads, this will bump the calories up. Like coever said, increase the nuts in your diet. Substitute the water in your porridge for milk, I think it's 60ml of milk for every 10g porridge oats.

Doing all this will mean you can reduce the portion size of your carbs (quinoa, pasta etc.) which will hopefully mean you're not so full.

Another suggestion, rather than having 3 main meals and a few snacks each day, have 5 or 6 smaller meals each day, which should make you feel hungrier.
  • Autumn_babe
    Options
    When I was in a position where I had a lot of weight to gain, what really helped me were nutritional supplements, such as Boost Plus or Ensure plus. Add one at snacks, and even meals if needed. Or, if you get too full, drink them between meals and snacks. It adds a lot of nutrition in just 8 oz! I found it very helpful. That, or milkshakes.