Replies

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    In a circle.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Follow the foot's shadow, unless it's a mirror.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This thread is creepy top to bottom, from the vulcan OP to the dancing puppet woman to a white rabbit giving clues.

counterclockwise

oh right, sorry. RIP LN.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    If you just look at her feet, it's counterclockwise.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    This thread is creepy top to bottom, from the vulcan OP to the dancing puppet woman to a white rabbit giving clues.

counterclockwise

oh right, sorry. RIP LN.

8e6df77865327e63130c1201efc3877e.jpg

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    oh right, that's much better :/
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Some bunny's helpful. <3
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This animation has been around for quite a while. Most people only see one direction at first and some people only see one direction regardless. It actually depends on your left brain/right brain dominance. Some people have somewhat equal dominance, but most definitely lean one way or the other.

You can change the direction with a little trick, though, and some time to practice doing it. Read some words on a printed page or do some math in your head so you're moslty using your left brain and she spins counterclockwise, but if you focus for a while on just shapes and colors like from looking out the window or at some art or listening to music to get into a right brain dominance, she will spin the other way. It may take quite a few tries to get her to change direction and trying too hard doesn't help at all. You have to be really not trying at all. With any luck, you can sometimes get to the point where you can actually have her change direction without looking away at all just by thinking for example about words versus shapes.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    i dunno about all that, but back and forth or both is correct. It looks like back and forth when I look at her from the waist down, and the only way I can make it look like either direction is to focus on the breasts and above, and then I can't make it look like she goes back and forth.