Blue jeans no longer give me the blues!

tammyquinnlmt
tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Back in January, when I started MFP, I had a pair of jeans in my closet. Not the most attractive pair, but still...they were too small so I thought that they would be a goal jean. In January, I couldn't even get them over my hips. Put them away and forgot about them. In March my pants I could wear in January were feeling big, so I dug out my ugly mom jeans and tried them on. They went over my hips but I lacked about 3 inches in buttoning them. April, I could button them but I looked like someone had shoved my lower half in a sausage casing and twisted in the middle...bulges every where...No where near attractive. Today, I tried them on. And they fit...comfortably. So I wore my tacky dark blue mom jeans with pride and will continue to wear them because 1. They fit!!! and 2. They are the only pair that fits without a belt!

Replies

• crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    congrats!
  • jwinegeart
    jwinegeart Posts: 5
    Sounds like a GREAT reason to go shopping! Congrats!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    A big congrats to you! Keep sticking with it & you will fit into things you NEVER thought you would! Trust me!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    haha that's awesome!!! congrats & keep up the great work, lady!
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    That is awesome!!!!

A similar thing happened to me today, i tried on a pair of my roommates jeans (that are 2 sizes smaller than what i have been wearing). I did not think they were going to fit over my hips bc my hips are much wider than hers and so is my butt lol. but i pulled those jeans on and could zip them just fine. i was so happy and surprised with myself.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Great job! Congrats on the mom jeans :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Thanks, everyone!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Just the excuse you need to go buy yourself a new wardrobe!! Great job girl!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    oh yeah
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    That's awesome!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Just the excuse you need to go buy yourself a new wardrobe!! Great job girl!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Don't wear ugly jeans because they fit, reward yourself with some awesome ones! You deserve it! Congrats to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!