need motivation

Options
Hi, my name is Christina, I just learned that I was prediabetic this week and it scares the crap out of me. I need to loose 50-80 pounds. I'm new to my fitness pal and will be syncing it to my fit bit. I need to stay motivated bc I have too many children and grandchildren. And most importantly for myself bc I need to be around for another 50 years.

Replies

• afacetocallhome
    afacetocallhome Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi!

As the daughter of a diabetic, I've seen the effects of it firsthand. It's a horrible thing, but at least you have the chance to make a change. Feel free to add me if you like; I'd be happy to share your journey with you :smile: Good luck x
  • mons2014
    mons2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I lost 77 lbs in one year with MFP & the Jawbone band. I'm still working/struggling with the last 10 pounds. (Lost them, but gino them back - I'm always looking for an accountability buddy - feel free to add me)
  • ChristinaCKelly
    ChristinaCKelly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm no really sure how this works. How do I add you
  • ChristinaCKelly
    Options
    I think I figured it out
  • claudia1975mfp
    claudia1975mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Christina, I just learned that I was prediabetic this week and it scares the crap out of me. I need to loose 50-80 pounds. I'm new to my fitness pal and will be syncing it to my fit bit. I need to stay motivated bc I have too many children and grandchildren. And most importantly for myself bc I need to be around for another 50 years.

• claudia1975mfp
    Options
    I learn this past week that I'm prediabetic too :( maybe we can help support each other
  • ChristinaCKelly
    Options
    Oh my goodness yes. I believe we can turn this around with hard work and determination and I'm going at it full force 150%
  • richardsonzacharia
    Options
    Hi as 18 Year Old I Am Over Weight I Need Motivators I Am Becoming Stressed And Its Hard At My Age...
  • richardsonzacharia
    Options
    Oh my goodness yes. I believe we can turn this around with hard work and determination and I'm going at it full force 150%
    Yes That Is Possible ....
  • claudia1975mfp
    Options
    Yes we can. I tried for a while to diet and fail so many times but I am really scare for my health, I am trying low carbs and I am staring a zumba class today
  • rgdodgeman81
    rgdodgeman81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello Ive been off diabetes medication for two years now.... I was diagnosed with it and then dropped from 286 lbs to my current weight of 228. You can certainly do this! There is hope the body is an amazing thing.
  • ChristinaCKelly
    Options
    This is good to hear. Thank you.