Need to stay focused!

Options
It's so easy to lose weight in the beginning I'm having a hard time sticking to it now.. Maybe I have that backwards any thoughts?

Replies

• lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are a common theme for a lot of people. It becomes a game of adjusting your calories, up or down, based on your activity level to help the burn excess fat or weight. I'm not a professional but there are plenty of smarter people on here that can provide more detailed info. It is also helpful being consistent to whatever plan you on for a few weeks to better note change.

Good Luck!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Feel free to add me for support!
  • TrainingForPerfect
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me :)
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support and encouragement!!! ^^^
  • bina162
    bina162 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can add me..!
  • rbentrup81
    rbentrup81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! Just keep reminding yourself why you started, don't give up!
  • sabrinaanporter
    sabrinaanporter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about. Awhile ago, I lost 20 pounds and then when I hit my plateau, I got comfortable and stayed where I was and ended up gaining the weight back. What I should've done was up my cardio or the intensity of my cardio workouts and especially focus on more fruits and vegetables. It's up to you to not get bored with it and push yourself to eat more fruits and veggies and upping your cardio. :smile:
  • Ogopogo
    Ogopogo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't use the scale as your scorecard - make permanent lifestyle changes and the weight will take care of itself over time. If you know you are exercising and eating healthy foods, you will win in the long term. Permanent, healthy lifestyle choices are the key, IMO.

My belief is that I am living like a 175 pound man, my weight just needs to catch up to my lifestyle. It will happen, it will just take a little time. As long as I continue to live like a 175 pound man lives, I have accomplished my goal. Someday in the future, the weight on my scale will reflect the lifestyle I have chosen.
  • SuppleSeth
    Options
    I think one really big problem with people cutting calories to lose weight is they forget which ones to cut and systematically. Carbohydrates, in almost any form are an immediate sources of energy. If you are not expending the energy to deplete the glycogen stores the energy is stored where you can see it. Cut out your carbs systematically, 20grams for a week, then another 20 for a week until you get to a point where your energy is waining, then add just a little back. Most people fear not having energy when low carb. This is because they neglect the macro fat, healthy ones of course. Our bodies burn fats 90 plus percent of the time. If you feel drained chances are it's because your body doesn't have enough of its primary energy source. Nuts, seeds, fatty meats and vegetables, i.e. avacodos, are optimal for replacing carbs. Fats also keep you full longer and illicit no where near the insulin response that carbs do. A carb intake under 100grams is ideal for weight loss but don't be afraid to push the limits. It's exhilarating to see how dramatic our body's can change in such a short amount of time with some relentless discipline. :)
  • cwilson72180
    cwilson72180 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying focused with everything, including sticking to weight loss and even my work. I am a professional writer and have gained a good bit of extra weight while sitting here at the computer writing articles for clients and news sites. I want to lose this extra weight but I need help staying focused on it as well. We are moving to a new house soon, this month actually, and I am going to have my own room for my office and my exercise bike and Pilates machine. I will finally be able to start using them both and I can't wait!
  • duracell24
    Options
    Thank you everyone for amazing advice and the feeling that I'm not alone! The community here motivates me in the greatest way and I'm going to keep going! Thanks for all the tips and support! I wish everyone the best ;)
  • shokase15
    Options
    You got this!
  • duracell24
    Options
    Thank you ^^
  • DiamondBackBobby22
    Options
    All of u can add me if u want.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sign up for a race. that'll help keep you focused on more than just the number on a scale.
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes focus can be a challenge. I believe everything is routine.

This is the answer to many things. Self made millionaires tell me it is routine, exersize re: the healthy slim ones say routine. Try to maintain the routine. Write it on the calander, this is the time for signing in your calories, exersize...