6 months, 20 lbs - slow and steady!

Options
Flips37
Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
I'm always inspired by all of the amazing success stories, but sometime they intimidate me too. So many people, losing so many pounds! I've embraced the idea of a "lifestyle change" that I can maintain for (hopefully) a long time, so it's been slower going with fits and stops. But I'm 20 lbs down since September and took progress pics today and had to share.

trngnde5pjgg.png

Never posted pics before.... no idea if I did that right :wink:

It feels good to fit into old clothes again. I'm looking forward to getting down around 150 lbs and then deciding what to do from there. At the rate I am going, that should be just in time for summer which works for me.

Thanks to all of the success stories that have given me the hope and motivation to stick to this. I don't post much, but I read a lot and appreciate all of you!

By the way, I'm 5'7" - I know it can help to put height into the equation too.

Replies

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • brooke_e_m
    brooke_e_m Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Awesome!!
  • EtheFinn
    EtheFinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the slow and steady plan! :)
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your post is incredibly inspiring to me because I am currently 180 lbs and 5'8". I currently look like your before pic, and I can't wait to look like your after pic!!! Your hard work has really paid off!!!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What a change... you look great! Slow and steady is the way to go :)
  • fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I am 5'7" too, but have 100 lbs. to lose....
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wonderful results :-)
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Congrats. I'm 5'6 and have 30 lbs to lose. My goal is 150. I'm starting (again!) tomorrow, March 1.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Way to get it!
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! The last 6 months have had ups and downs (figuratively and on the scale :smile: ), but seeing the progress in pictures has really helped me want to keep going! I hope I can inspire a few people to do the same, just as I've been inspired by so many on these boards!
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm losing about 4 lbs a month as well...still have about 20 to go. Can't wait to post my 6 month progress
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nice to see the slow and steady successes along with all the dramatic ones. You look great
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    good job! you look great!!
  • RainyDaysAgain
    RainyDaysAgain Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great job! Your belly is so much smaller. :D
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! I can tell a big difference...it can only get better from here!
  • anovak1009
    anovak1009 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I'm losing very slowly, too, which I know is good but you're right, some people lost so much so fast it can be intimidating. I started in October and am almost at my 20lb lost mark, so I'm basically right where you are. Very inspiring to see the difference. You look awesome!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! 20lbs has made a big difference in your shape and you look really toned now too. Great job!
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great results and a good message. It's taken me a year to lose the amount you've lost in six months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!