Gotta lose those extra pounds...

Options
tsuki_ryuu
tsuki_ryuu Posts: 19 Member
I've been using this site for a little over a week now but this is the first time that I have decided to make a forum post. My name is Katrina and I have had weight issues most of my life. I had a little boy about a year and a half ago which added even more weight to my body. I have finally decided to take the initiative to lose all that extra weight and this site seems to have the right tools to help me to do that. I'm mostly trying to improve how my body looks and feels rather than keeping track of my actual weight. (It's also because I don't have a scale at my house. :P) I appreciate those of you who took the time to read this. Time to get down to work!

Replies

• fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can use MFP to track sizes too.
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    It's okay if you don't have a scale. Do you have a tape measure? Or, even a pair of snug pants?
    Those are other great ways to measure your progress. And, oftentimes, you will notice you don't always lose pounds on the scale when you lose inches. So, how your body LOOKS and feels in things is a huge indicator.

This is a great site. The people are all very understanding and there is wonderful advice and support here.
    The tools are pretty good too :) The more you learn about your own eating habits, the more successful you will become.

Again, welcome!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site and will help keep you motivated! :)
  • StaceyDono
    StaceyDono Posts: 21
    Options
    Katrina! You're the best! We can do it!
  • tsuki_ryuu
    tsuki_ryuu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you for the response! I have noticed that I can add on other measurements, though it did take me a little bit to figure that one out. I've got my measuring tape and plenty of clothes from my pre-pregnancy days to try and fit into again. Now that I've got all the right tools, I can't wait to get going!