I miss feeling FULL

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Tofu Shirataki noodles. I think they are 15 calories a cup. At our grocery store, they are in the fruit and vegetable section, with the tofurkey and sprouts. They are noodles, but not bread noodles, mushroom noodles, and they are only 15 (ish?) calories for a cup. Use that, with some reduced calorie alfredo sauce, spinach, mushrooms and shrimp...it's AWESOME! HUGE volume for not alot of calories.
    What are bread noodles?

What are mushroom noodles?

Shirataki noodles are made from either elephant yam, or tofu. I prefer the tofu variety myself.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    lauraldrum wrote: »
    So far I've been doing well but I really really miss the SUPER FULL feeling I had before changing my diet. It's been 7 weeks and my stomach capacity has shrunk but I miss the super satisfied "I can't fit another bite in" feeling. Any suggestions on low macros food that will give me that "stuffed" feeling I've been craving? Not everyday, of course, just want to occasionally feel that I'm beyond satisfied. These cravings come mostly at night.

I'd say: work to rid yourself of that desire.

or eat a lot of soup.

Also, what are "low macro foods"?

OP is doing IIFYM diet... but like many people, has gotten the diet wrong, thinking it's a way to justify eating whatever you want in moderation.

OP, "if it fits your macros" is made for you to stick with complex carbs, lean protein and healthy fats, but IIFYM won’t put you on a guilt trip for the occasional pizza dinner or fried chicken lunch... occasional being the key word.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Not me. I used to, but I've been traveling this week and eating fewer, bigger meals than I'm used to. After 8 months of eating 5 or 6 small meals per day, I really dislike that full feeling now.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So far I've been doing well but I really really miss the SUPER FULL feeling I had before changing my diet. It's been 7 weeks and my stomach capacity has shrunk but I miss the super satisfied "I can't fit another bite in" feeling. Any suggestions on low macros food that will give me that "stuffed" feeling I've been craving? Not everyday, of course, just want to occasionally feel that I'm beyond satisfied. These cravings come mostly at night.

or eat a lot of soup.

OP is doing IIFYM diet... but like many people, has gotten the diet wrong, thinking it's a way to justify eating whatever you want in moderation.

OP, "if it fits your macros" is made for you to stick with complex carbs, lean protein and healthy fats, but IIFYM won’t put you on a guilt trip for the occasional pizza dinner or fried chicken lunch... occasional being the key word.

I know what IIFYM means, but thanks. And yes, when I see IIFYM used on here it's not often paired with complex carbs, lean protein and healthy fat (that sounds more like my diet lol), but rather with "Eat whatever you want as long as you get enough protein", "never worry about nor monitor sugar", etc. etc. etc. It's often used to justify eating crap plus protein.

That said: I'm still wondering what "low macro" foods means to the OP.

In reality everyone's diet is an IIFYM diet. And in reality most formal diets don't cause a guilt trip. Users do.

And I firmly believe that her goal should be to not pine for feeling over stuffed.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You're profile says you're eating 1300 calories.

eat more. Then you'll actually feel full. I am eating 2100 calories to lose weight, and if I weren't exercising then 2000 calories would still work for me to lose weight. I'm just a student, lots of sitting and a bit of walking. I'm 157lbs.

CHange your goal to a lb/week, eat more food.

You're also generally not eating back your exercise calories, which you SHOULD be eating back.

So basically you're submitting yourself to never feeling full when you CAN and SHOULD be able to feel full eating a reasonable calorie goal, 1300 not being reasonable for your stats. Like I said, eating 2100 for slow weight loss, and I do feel full after a meal. I don't feel that pained full I used to feel from over-eating, but an actual "I've had enough food" fullness. I ate over 700 calories for dinner last night all in one short period of time (take-out) and omg I was full until 2am, 7 hours.
  • ana3067
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

At the same time, don't overeat. Ignore exercise calories. They're a bonus toward losing weight. (That's what my doctor & dietician told me.) It looks like you're only over on calories 3 days, and within 100 calories, so you're doing pretty well there.

This is incorrect. If you are using the MFP net/NEAT method then eat back your exercise calories. The only time you should NOT eat them back is when you are ding the TDEE method.

These professionals are basically providing advice that, within the MFP system, will result in eating far less than one can and should. So OP, do not follow this advice.

Burned calories from planned exercise are no more "bonus" than are the calories you burn while sleeping, or walking around, or playing with your kids, doing housework, etc. You need to be eating reasonably below your maintenance needs, and if you omit your exercise calories (unless you use exercise and exercise alone to create your calorie deficit, or use the TDEE method) then you are eating unnecessarily lower than you ought to be. It would be like someone who works in a warehouse, hauling heavy stuff around for 7-8hrs a day 5-6x a week setting his/her activity level to sedentary instead of the appropriate moderate or active and undereating.

So again OP, eat your exercise calories. Increase your calorie goal.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Eat protein fluff and you will be full! :)
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's a habit to "feel"full. Change your mind set,wait 10 minutes and see if the brain finally registers full. I am at this 3 1/2 years and I battle it everyday! I love to eat and I found low calorie foods that are pretty good. Best of luck!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    When I have that need to feel full, I eat lots and lots of greens!
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I start feeling super hungry I steam vegetables... I love green beans and broccoli! Celery is also good to help keep you full with little calories. If you drink shakes or smoothies try putting some whey protein in them :) Goodluck
  • ana3067
    edited February 2015
    Options

or eat a lot of soup.

Except that IS what iifym is. Eating any food you want within your macronutrient needs, eating flexibly, practicing moderation. If all you eat are apples, that isn't moderation.

There is absolutely NOTHING about iifym that dictates that your choices must be confined to complex carbs, lean protein, "healthy" fats, and that eating pizza or fried chicken can only be an occasional thing (and what is occasional - twice a week? Twice a month? once a month? every 6 months? once a year? See how arbitrary this is getting?)
    IIFYM speaks specifically to fat loss from a macro nutrition and thus a caloric stand point and is purely a means to improve body composition. IIFYM does not address health concerns of the heart, brain or other organs and does not put an emphasis on so called ‘healthy eating’.

Regardless if you like to eat pizza, or boiled chicken breasts, IIFYM teaches us that if you eat less calories than your body requires (while getting adequate protein, carbs, fat and fiber based on your goals and the energy needs of your body) you will lose weight at a steady and predictable rate. IIFYM makes fat loss that easy.All you have to do is stay within your daily macros and the fat will start melting off!

IIFYM doesn’t care if you eat pizza, or chicken breast.
    IIFYM doesn’t shame you if you chose ice cream over oatmeal.
    Nor does IIFYM care how often you eat, or how many meals you eat in a day.

Eat the foods you love, stay within your own personal macro nutrient range and burn fat without the pain that most people associate with dieting!
    Notice I did not say “starve your self, and enjoy one slice of pizza per day”. This is because IIFYM is based on Science. Not on voodoo. a 15% reduction in calories is all that is needed to make your body a fat burning furnace.

That is the basic idea behind IIFYM
    There is more to it but it really is quite simple:

1. Know how many calories your body burns in an average day (your TDEE)
    2. Eat 10-20% less calories every day than that number
    3. Split those calories up between fat, protein and carbohydrates (with adequate fiber and water intake) in an specific way that preserves muscle and encourages fat loss, without a drop in daily energy.

iifym.com/what-is-iifym/
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    its better to have a breakfast but just a small one than save your cals for bigger meals so your not overwhelming your stomach.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Maybe have the occasional day off. I like to go to Chinese buffets. I always come out full and feel bloody awful! Keeps me away for another month. :D
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Also, drink a cup or bottle of water before eating... I promise you'll feel full after you eat. Right now I eat 1200 calories a day and I feel full after every meal.
  • aalman12
    aalman12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eating a bigger breakfast it will help you feel fuller, snacking on stuff like almonds, celery, or green veggies is good also. Make sure you are eating enough fiber and protein throughout the day also, if you are not eating enough lean protein your body will not feel full.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I miss it too, but it is all in my mind. I actually ate until I was "full" the other day and felt totally disgusting afterward. It used to feel awesome and satisfying, now it feels like I'm slow and sick.
    Knowing it doesn't feel good anymore doesn't stop the urge to eat until you feel satiated, but it is good to remind myself that I don't really want that anymore.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't be satisfied with an under 400 calorie dinner, either.

How about just flipping around some of your meals and snacks to budget yourself a larger dinner? I eat about half my daily calories on dinner, and feel plenty full when I'm done.
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that I usually steam or roast a shitload of veggies (broccoli, celeriac, cauliflower, carrots, brussels sprouts etc) and go to town. Bonus points if you mash them all up with salt & pepper (or whatever seasonings you fancy) and a spoon or two of greek yogurt. For 300 calories you would get a big amount of veggie-mash, and whats more comforting than a bowl of mash? And it's delicious and full of vitamins, so it's a win-win-win ;)

Soups are also really yummy, and they fill you up while being light on calories (depending on the soup, though! Don't add a cup of cream to it if you're looking to save calories)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Really? I hate feeling full. It makes me feel sick and cranky and anti-social.

Edit-Too full*
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what most people here believe, the FOOD matters. Yes you can still be comfortably full after a meal and still lose fat. And without "filling up" on huge volumes of low calorie foods. Hint: nutrient dense foods will help you and they aren't all low calorie. Satiation has everything to do with the fat and protein that you consume, not volume. For many people consuming moderate to high carbs will also result in continual hunger and many low calorie, high volume foods are very high in carbs/sugar. When your body gets all the micro-nutrients that it needs you won't constantly feel hungry, but you also need to eat enough!

Animal fat and protein, with lots of vegetables.