NSV: Running with a hangover and sans music.

Options
LiL_MisS_C
LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
Hello my fellow MFPers, :smile:

Just wanted to share a little NSV that happened to me this evening.

Today, I woke up from my friend's going away party feeling exhausted and not motivatated to do anything. As the day went on, that feeling grew but since I knew I needed to get my run in to keep my no-skipping-out-on-my-workout streak (if that makes sense! :P) I just knew I couldn't skip today just cause I wasn't feeling 100%! (Afterall, I brought it on myself!)

As I was getting ready for my run, I noticed my MP3 Player was running out of battery power, and since I was already later than usual going for my run I decided to chance it and hope I would make it home before the battery power died on me.

There I was running away, getting a good sweat on singing along to my music....and then BAM without warning the damn MP3 player shuts off on me 20 minutes into my run!

This is where my NSV comes in...

Months before finding MFP, and my love for running, I would have just turned around and called it a day. Today was different! Instead of bailing on my run, I took off my head phones and continued to get my sweat on. If anything, my run was shorter than usual because I hauled *kitten* realizing I would be without my music to keep me company. ;)

Thanks for reading....it means a lot.

Crystal xo

Replies

• midmomike2
    midmomike2 Posts: 213
    Options
    Way to go!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Man that is hard!! I hate running without tunes....way to stick it out and not stop i bet you felt AWESOME after your run!!!
  • ecgwood
    ecgwood Posts: 7
    Options
    Whoa! I definitely would have bailed without music. Your thoughts have motivated me not to do it and just run faster and get it over with!! Thanks and congrats!!
  • ziggle_7
    ziggle_7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    good job!! and congratz on the not skipping out of your excercize streak!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I ran yesterday with a bit of a hangover from my post-finals celebration. It was painful but I did it and couldn't be prouder of myself. Congratulations on your determination!

4431657.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ncookr
    Ncookr Posts: 11
    Options
    Great job!! i need motativation like you have!
  • TheGeezNeez
    TheGeezNeez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You are such an inspiration to me! I'm going to start my own no-skipping-out-on-my-workout streak. I have been a complete slacker and I have lots of good excuses... :) However, no one cares about excuses and I'm tired of making them!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    That is great. I had a total hissy fit at my husband a few weeks back when I couldn't find my ipod, I NEED it to run!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!