Any other Mummys of 4 or more newbies?

Options
MummyDB
MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
Just wondering if there are any more Mum's of bigger than the average 2.5 kids per fam. :smile:

I am a Mum of 4. 145lbs prior to my first child. Gained weight after each pregnancy. Never really had much success in weight loss, but to be honest never really tried. I am looking to loose a min of 40 lbs.

I just started reading a book called Prayfit. I have lost 2 lbs in the past week and half. Maybe more, I only weight myself once a week. Daily easy to do exercise, that you build on each day. I figure the combo of working thru that book and keep track of my numbers here will help.

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 3 kids and one on the way ... does that qualify me as mummy of 4 yet?
    (I'm on MFP to support my husband, and to gain a healthy amount of weight this pregnancy... so right now I'm not trying to loose, but to not over- or under- gain)
  • lucisept61
    lucisept61 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just started last week and I have 4 adult daughters - youngest is 21, eldest is 27. LIke you, I gained weight with each baby. I had my tubes tied because I was tired of "feeling pregnant" then gained another 20 pounds or so and have had a belly big enough to be 8 months along nearly ever since! Personally, I'm thinking if I had to carry this weight I would have just as soon had a baby once in a while as a reward for the effort. Instead I just have a lot of guilt and the physical strain of being this heavy for over 20 years. I am eating low-glycemic foods, because diabetes is looming and my eldest brother just had to start dialysis and I don't want to go there. I like the sound of your book. Do you know if they have it on Amazon.com?
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have 5 ages 4 to 18... feel free to add me!
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids. 4 boys and 1 girl. It's amazing how many comments I get on the size of my family.

I gained weight with each pregnancy and now I have about 70lbs I want to lose. I can't wait to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. My oldest is nine and my youngest is 8 months. I'm not having any more, so this weight HAS to come off.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Here here! I have 5 also ages, 2,5,6,9,10. The top 3 are girls, the bottom 2 boys. I would lose while pregnant but as soon as I started breastfeeding Id gain at least 10 with each kid. so times that by 5=50 plus some stress induced weight and I am up about 70 from my goal. I live in the Heart of Mormon country and I am not mormon but people are used to large families so i don't get comments too often.