Anyone dealing with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and trying to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    mizgirl24 wrote: »
    Me! I've struggled with my weight since I was in middle school -- was diagnosed in High School. I've tried every fad diet (pointless, I know.) i am ready and willing to lose the weight but it's so much harder with pcos. My motto: I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle. I'm getting married soon and he & I would love kids but I've been told by numerous doctors that my weight is a serious problem. I'm new on here -- add me please & thank you! I could definitely use daily motivation and I am completely willing to help others in the process as well. :)

Don't give up hope about children, my Dr told me twice I wouldn't be able to have children and I now have two beautiful daughters! Losing weight can be a big factor in conceiving, I 100% think my weightloss was the reason I got pregnant with my second. Even losing 5% of your weight can be a huge help. Don't let Drs discourage you, in my experience and research, a lot of Drs don't have a full understanding of PCOS. Look up PCOSDiva, she is fantastic and is a huge resource of information.

This is 100% true. I hadn't ovulated in years, but once I lost about 20 lbs I began ovulating again.

There are actually a lot of women with PCOS on MFP so you're in good company! A popular thread about it gets posted at least once a day. :)
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've been told for years by doctors that its unlikely I will have children. I certainly hope losing weight and dieting will increase my chances. As of right now my right ovary doesn't function due to scarring and my left ovary only has partial function... Once I get down to my goal weight I will be starting fertility treatents :smile:
  • cmbtaylor94
    Options
    I have pcos also. I was diagnosed when I was 18. I'm fighting the weight gain. Gunna kick this diseases butt! ;-)
  • Annette_906
    Annette_906 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have pcos also. I was diagnosed when I was 18. I'm fighting the weight gain. Gunna kick this diseases butt! ;-)

Great attitude!! :)