Diabetic Motivation

Options
i have been diabetic for ten years. Lost control and now working on keeping BS down and losing weight. Would love to hear from anyone
For motivation

Replies

• g1ng3r1
    g1ng3r1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I' m diabetic too ....
  • Stachiamerritt
    Stachiamerritt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic also , I was doing good I have lost 100 pound and kept it off for about 6 months but now I have started putting the weight back on so far only 15 pounds but I never got down to my goal weight so I have a lot more than 15 to lose. So now it time to get back on track . Don't focus so much on the losing weight just try and get healthy and the weight will come off .
  • vlpatter1
    Options
    I decided to start with getting blood sugar down and with that have lost weight. My worst time is in evenings after dinner. Have been seeing dr. Every two weeks which makes me accountable. Writing food down has helped me also. But as I said, nights alone are the hardest.
    I agree, keeping the weight off is the hardest of all. Keep writing what you eat down and don't think about the total, just 10 lbs at a time. Thanks for answering me. My name is Vicki.
  • vlpatter1
    Options
    vlpatter1 wrote: »
    I decided to start with getting blood sugar down and with that have lost weight. My worst time is in evenings after dinner. Have been seeing dr. Every two weeks which makes me accountable. Writing food down has helped me also. But as I said, nights alone are the hardest.
    I agree, keeping the weight off is the hardest of all. Keep writing what you eat down and don't think about the total, just 10 lbs at a time. Thanks for answering me. My name is Vicki.
    Forgot to say congratulations on what you have lost so far!

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the site :) For anyone interested there's a great T2 group available.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group
  • vlpatter1
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. Am trying to keep blood sugar down and lose some weight. Worst time is in evenings. Trying to eat healthy and STOP
    eating after dinner.