Craving sweets BIG time!!

Options
I have been craving sweets for the past 3 days BIG time! My will power is not the greatest when it comes to sweets (they are my biggest done fall). It's not that time of the month. I have in yesterday to the craving and then felt very guitly afterwards. I want to again today but am trying not to but it's all I'm thinking about. Help!

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories to spare, then have some sweets. No point feeling guilty, if you can fit some in and not go over, then you didn't do anything wrong.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So eat something.
  • capedorsetgirl
    capedorsetgirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    If you have the calories to spare, then have some sweets. No point feeling guilty, if you can fit some in and not go over, then you didn't do anything wrong.

That's the other problem....I am going over.
  • zoezoekende
    zoezoekende Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein in the morning and you will have less cravings
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Then go over and stall a bit, or don't eat the sweets. Have some tea. You have two choices basically.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

You don't have to go over. If you want to have sweets, then make room for what you want.
    I had some gelato last night, 70g for about 140 cals. I probably would have been satisfied with 35g, but I had the room for 70g. And some nights I only have room for 35g even though I'd prefer 70g. But I'd rather have 35g of gelato than none or have 70g and go over.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Can you find a sweet that's within your calorie goals like a small square of dark chocolate which you can nibble slowly? A small scoop of ice cream? A cup of hot chocolate?

If you don't want to eat something sweet because you can't stop once you start, eating something high in fat can often curtail a sweet craving. A bit of peanut or almond butter, or a small amount of very sharp cheese should do.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I eat baby carrots or fruit when craving g sugar. They are usually sweet enough to satisfy.
  • joeykay818
    joeykay818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth. The problem I find is when it controls me and I can't control it. Short term goals work very well for me. Tell yourself, no sweets Sunday-Friday, but Saturday I can have something, even if it is over my caloric limit, (or pick Friday or Sunday). Also the more often you go without sweets the less you need them.
    You control what you pick up, you make those choices. Don't think of it as depriving yourself, instead think of it as empowering! You have will and strength. How can a piece of chocolate defeat you? And in case you are wondering, I have given up all sweets for lent as well as alcohol and butter except for cooking certain items for my family. Its been little over a week and I just have to remind myself the pay off is worth it.
    If you really can't seem to break the habit, but I think you can, do as another person suggested and get a high quality bar of very dark chocolate and enjoy a square or two day.
    Just my two cents. Good Luck!
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have been craving sweets for the past 3 days BIG time! My will power is not the greatest when it comes to sweets (they are my biggest done fall). It's not that time of the month. I have in yesterday to the craving and then felt very guitly afterwards. I want to again today but am trying not to but it's all I'm thinking about. Help!

Something I've realized during my weight loss is that "will power" is a limited resource. You should never cut a food that you love completely out of your life, or you'll cave eventually and end up eating way more than moderation. Life is too short not to have a brownie or cookie or to worry about going over your calories on a day or two. It might hamper your progress for a day or two, but this is a lifelong journey if you want to stick with it, so a bad day or two won't make a difference.