Interval training

Options
I've noticed there is no way to calculate interval training when I search exercises. I have a workout dvd that switches between cardio and strength training and I'm not sure of the best way to count calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Circuit training, perhaps. Can you describe the workout in more detail?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    "aerobics" "calisthenics" or get an HRM
  • Sophiegirl2005
    Sophiegirl2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I won't be getting a HRM. I'd rather just find something as close as possible to go by. And to arditarose it's basically one minute of cardio and two minutes of strength alternating for 20-30 minutes.
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump....I want to start Jillian Michaels workouts and don't know how to log it either
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Bump....I want to start Jillian Michaels workouts and don't know how to log it either

I did a class once. I logged it as circuit training. That's what it is...circuits.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    You can't use a HRM for interval training anyway. They're intended to measure steady-state cardio. OP, I've seen people recommend calisthenics for HIIT, but the routine you're describing doesn't really sound like HIIT.

Bump to see other people's suggestions.
  • joeykay818
    joeykay818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try looking up your workout on the Internet and see if they have a generic calories count. If it looks about right manually enter the workout and calories burned. Really just keeping track of calories is all this thing is really asking. I am a member of Daily Burn, currently on Black Fire program. High intensity short period. They don't have it so I log it all in manually.
  • Sophiegirl2005
    Sophiegirl2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • MrPriolos
    MrPriolos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Use
    Circuit training, general
    - OR -
    Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i make my own exercise under cardio for whatever exercise I did and log my polar hr monitor calories.