Diabetic

T2 diabetic looking for other diabetics to motivate each other

Replies

• LOVINGCHANGE27
    LOVINGCHANGE27 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi MFP...I posted this quite sometime ago but I haven't had any responses. I must not have posted in the correct place or something bc I know I'm not the only diabetic on here....where are my other diabetic ppl❓❓❓❓ HELLLLLO
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    I have been type 2 for 6 years
  • I have been diabetic for 10 years. Have not been keeping track of BS and decided I better hop to it before it is to late. Hope to hear from other
    For motivation and friendship.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Type 2 here...Initial a1c 14.2

Present 5.7
  • winegeekgirl
    winegeekgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Mikey_Irish: VERY impressive! What's your secret? I can't seem to get mine below 11.9 despite health diet & medications.

I've been T2 for 27 years. (Where the heck did that time go??!??) I've been off-and-on on top of things over the years. Lost app. 40 lbs. using MFP a couple of years ago and was very lax last year due to a traumatic hip injury. FINALLY back to normal-no cane, good mobility-and resumed MFP Jan. 4th. I've only lost 14 lbs since then but determined to continue.
    The challenge I'm facing is that I use 2 injectable insulins and I always forget how much harder it is to lose the weight because of them. Totally sucks.
    Anyone else in my boat? (And really glad to find this forum! Just a Heads Up-my schedule is such that I'll post/respond regularly for a couple of days and then be gone for several-but I will get back here!)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    There is a really great T2 diabetes support group here community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group Lots of support, information, recipes, etc. Check it out!
  • winegeekgirl
    winegeekgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks-will go check it out!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Trick for me has been exercise I think. I was careful (I thought) before arriving at this site. But the dietary info here is great. I may be able to get it lower even lol
  • BrownEyes1939
    BrownEyes1939 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Type 2 diabetic here. 24 yr old F. Starting weight 261 current weight 245. I've made some major changes and looking for friends for support with same issues!! I'm looking to lose about 95 more lbs :) feel free to add me!!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Hi Brown eyes
  • Neil1139
    Neil1139 Posts: 10
    Hi there BrownEyes i'm in the same boat as you. Type 2 for so long can't remember when. Starting weight 276.5 pounds, 1st target weight 196. Currently 247. Hope i can be of help :smile:
  • BrownEyes1939
    BrownEyes1939 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey guys!! Nice to meet you both!! Let's enjoy this journey together!!
  • ronprynn
    ronprynn Posts: 1
    I have been a diabetic since 2010. Started the weight loss journey again. Started 260 presently 256. Last a1c 8.6 but was at 7.2 less that year ago. Trying to get weight under 200.
  • LOVINGCHANGE27
    OOPs sorry I haven't checked this for a while...the downfall of just using my smartphone.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    T2 diabetic here. I started MFP at 263 pounds and an a1c of 6.5. I am now at 177 with an a1c of 5.6. I have 34 pounds left to go to get to goal.

• LOVINGCHANGE27
    T2 diabetic here. I started MFP at 263 pounds and an a1c of 6.5. I am now at 177 with an a1c of 5.6. I have 34 pounds left to go to get to goal.

Omg that's great...how long did it take to lose the weight?