30 Day Shred...is it really okay to do it EVERY day?

Options
I'm starting tomorrow and I've always been told to take a day off between strength training to rebuild muscle. Any thoughts?

Replies

• 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I did it 6 days a week and gave myself one rest day:) Just be sure to listen to your body!
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I love it, and it was pretty tough on my body but in a good way, I'm gonna try and do it everyday unless my body tells me not to. Right now I'm very sore but to me that means something is working :)
  • karisbrandes
    karisbrandes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it 4-5 days a week and her Yoga Meltdown on the other days to give my body a bit of a break but still do something beneficial.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I did it for 11 days straight and then I had to take a day off, went for another 3 days straight and took a break. As it gets harder it is definitely a challenge to keep going. I agree with what was said before. Listen to your body, you will get stronger by doing it at least 5 days a week :)
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've become a big believer in switching things up. Although Jilllians workouts are circuit training type stuff and "different" with in them...it's the same type of exercise. I have been doing her Ripped in 30 - alternating with going to the gym and doing some strength and cardio there.

I think switching it up - is really helpful.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've done it every other day on average (some consecutive days with several days of something else) and I'm half way through level 2. It helped me deal with the soreness but I wonder if it is less effective that way. I'm not seeing much measurement change although I'm really close to my target and already in the middle of my BMI range. I do feel stronger though, esp when I do my old gym routine with the ellipticals.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow and I've always been told to take a day off between strength training to rebuild muscle. Any thoughts?

In my experience the day off principal applies when you are doing heavier weights to gain muscle bulk. The DVD calls for high numbers of reps but with relatively low weights in order to tone so you're not actually tearing the muscle which is what happens with low rep heavy weight lifting. I did 9 days straight before having to take a day off due to illness. I have also included other cardio about every second day.