Lent

Options
well I'm not catholic or ? But I gave up sodas ( usually only drank the 10 cal ones) but also lowers my cal intake from 1370 down to 1250 ... Has anyone else given up anything for lent ??

Replies

• granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    wine. not practicising either.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious, but I gave up candy and sweets two years ago. I went 46 days with absolutely no candy. And I normally by about $20 worth of gummies at a time every week. Huge sweet tooth.
  • missnamorley
    missnamorley Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not religious but given up alcohol, crisps and chips! Not craving them either x
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Also not religious, but use Lent as a nice, well defined length of time to give up a specific food - this year I've given up crisps... they are usually my absolute weakness!
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    gave up chocolate and animal products
  • brittfitness75
    brittfitness75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My significant other is Catholic so I give up or add in something each year as support. This year I gave up cussing, and added in 5 hours of volunteer work each week.
  • brittfitness75
    brittfitness75 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    gave up chocolate and animal products
    Good for you for giving up animal products! How is it going for you? I made the switch from vegetarian to vegan in January. I so loved my cheese and dairy but have found alternatives and even made my own cashew cheese. I am looking to connect with more Vegans and people on plant based diets.

• Jenatron41
    Options
    I'm a practicing catholic, I gave up wine this year.
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    Nope.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm a catholic. I gave up chocolate, crisps and sweets. Have also restricted alcohol to weekends only.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I gave up giving up stuff for Lent this year. That way I can be religious AND blow it off at the same time!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    jnord8729 wrote: »
    I gave up giving up stuff for Lent this year. That way I can be religious AND blow it off at the same time!
    Did you take up something instead? Oh yes, you "took up" being rude!!