fitbit charge help!

Options
I just got a fitbit charge and have it synced with mfp. How do I get the steps taken and calories burned to show up on mfp? It shows up on my fitbit dashboard. Any help or suggestions will be great!

Replies

• pdavie92
    pdavie92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you solved this problem?
  • sharonp1947
    sharonp1947 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my Fitbit One. I just connected it to the MFP yesterday, so I'm wondering if it takes a little time to show up. Any advice appreciated.
  • joeyjoejoe888
    Options
    Based on past experience I've found the Fitbit products haven't really interacted well with mfp and because of that I've used the standalone Fitbit app. I've also had friends need to recreate their mfp accounts because the syncing with Fitbit seemed to corrupt their user account. I know this probably isn't the best answer but it's what I've encountered.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've only had my charge hr a week or two now but it synced over right away with no problems.. i have them both on my iPhone and iPad and no problems with it..i have noticed that it takes a while to show on map after syncing from charge to phone etc.. i add in my foods on map and they show up easily on the fitbit app ..well pleased with mine..hope you get to sort out the problem.. I've yet to try it on a windows based pc or android phone.
  • Milliepet
    Milliepet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    steps don't get recorded onto MFP, I must type them in the "notes" section. My FitBit does
    collect the info I write in on MFP though.
    If you find another way let me know
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    FitBit send over the exercise calories burned, but not the actual exercises.

At one point in late 2014, MFP was displaying the amount of FitBit steps on your home page, but that was it. I haven't seen that in a long time.
  • ccaquelin
    Options
    So I figured out that if I have to log out of mfp and fitbit apps. Close all applications on my tablet. Log into fitbit app. Sync my fitbit. Log out, then log into mfp and steps and calories burned (if I have burned extra) are then updated.Confusing enough!?!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ah yes. The Apps don't speak to each other, only the websites do.
    On a computer this is all seemless.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    *My fitbit and mfp sync but It just takes a min for them to update after I've entered new data. No biggie if you know to wait a minute. Also I sometimes find closing out app, wait, and reopen works great.
    *I love my fitbit charge! So happy I got it. Only negatives so far; I need to move it throughout my work out because I lose the hr due to sweat, but since I figured that out and move it, it works great; I do the treadmill a lot and noticed that the distance is always off by .5miles at least. I use my arms throughout, always moving. Helps me get a good overall workout, not sure if that's why it doesn't pick up. Lastly...after a workout, which I set my timer on and record, I categorize/label it. I wish it would transfer to mfp. It only transfers over my calories burned (it's either what I burned or calories burned difference btn mfp and Fitbit) I try not to use my workout calories so that part doesn't bug me its just that I need to log in my exercise and calories in mfp, have it show up on my thread and then delete it ( it remains on thread after), I do this so "my friends" see what I've done.
    Not sure I helped but that's what I know
  • lauriegm84
    lauriegm84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a fitibit charge. The only thing I have problems with, is the steps not showing in my fitness pal... I wonder if I need to upgrade to the MVP on fitness pal? I have a samsung note 3. Could that be the problem that I have an Android phone?
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The steps show for me on the "Check-in" page on the MFP website and on the Home page for the Android app.