Looking to lose those last 10 pounds!

Options
Hi guys, my name is Jessica! Within the last year and a half I've managed to gain 8-10 pounds. I'm 5'3 and weigh anywhere between 123-125. My goal is to be back at my happy 115! The frustrating thing is I work out almost every day and watch what I eat but the scale does seem to be moving. What gives? Any advice?

Replies

• brainzinvogue
    brainzinvogue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess. I'm probably in your shoes also. What I did was to stop looking at the scale every minute and eat as healthy as you can. Work out also. After a while, you see some changes. Patience is vital. So is consistency. Don't give up!
  • bh4841
    bh4841 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I am Becky and today I weigh 125. At 5 foot tall, I prefer to be closer to 115. Just hard to keep on track with everyday life. If you need encouragement, let me know, I can surely try, considering I need some of my own. My main problem is eating snacks! I do pretty well exercising.
  • k8andchr1smom
    k8andchr1smom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! Looking for input
  • jseo123
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I was exactly in the same situation as you. I'm 5'3" and I was 123-125lbs in December. I weighed myself yesterday, and now (2 and a half months later) I am 115.6 lbs. What I did was restrict my diet to anywhere between 1100-1300 calories a day and worked off anywhere between 100-250 calories in the gym by running, walking, cycling, and some yogalates.

The key here is to measure EVERYTHING you eat. I bought a cheap kitchen scale (it turned out to be the best investment) and weighed everything (even the fruit and vegetables and condiments and chocolate, just basically all the ingredient that went into my meals--everything I ate). I drank 1-2L of water everyday in addition to black coffee and some black tea. Also, I didn't trust the machines in the gym when they told me that I burned off 300 calories from 20 minutes on the elliptical. I'm sure you've heard this before, but we often tend to undercount the calories we ate and overcount the calories we burned off in the gym. Well, sadly, the truth is that there are calories in everything except water, and the machines at the gym are lying. I found websites online that told me accurately how much I would burn on a treadmill at my height, weight, speed, and time that I ran. (For me, it was around 150 calories for a 20 minute run at 5.0mph)

Best of luck on your weight loss journey and message me if you have any questions! :)