Hello

Options
Well, it's finally happened. I said I could never track my diet. I never really wanted to join anything. I had no use for smart phones. Now, I've got a phone, joined this site and compulsively track all that I eat. Well, not all. Easter weekend, I started off well, but as soon as it came time for seconds my phone mysteriously turned off. Funny how that happens.

I'm 35 years old and have spent all my adult life playing with trains in one way or another. Which is only logical considering I went to school for english and history. Or maybe not. When it comes to weaknesses and habits, I guess you can say I'm an all-arounder, kind of the eating equivalent of a decathalete. Fatty foods? Check. Sugar? Check. Salt? Check. Ultraprocessed foodlike substances? Never met a scary chemical I wouldn't eat. Far too many weaknesses. . . The only food I ate in moderation was the healthy stuff.

Needless to say, I'm facing some of the health issues that affect overweight inactive people and I'm tired of it. I know I can cure (or at least manage) these issues if I just drop some weight and start living healthier. Now is the time.

I came to this site because I realized I needed a plan to get my eating in check. Diet by guesswork just wasn't doing it for me. So far, the change has been pretty incredible. Before I started tracking my diet, I was exercising more but not really getting anywhere. Now, by tracking everything, I am starting to see the pounds disappear. I am actually amazed by how things are going.

I guess that's about all I have for a belated introduction. Good luck to you all. This healthy living stuff is a major pain but it sure is better than the alternatives.

Replies

• zoecalleja
    zoecalleja Posts: 7
    Options
    welcome to mfp!! hope this site helps you :) i found it very couraging.. everyone is soo helpful...
    feel free to add me as a friend :)

good luck
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Welcome too!! You are certainly in the right place for tracking what you eat - I've been AMAZED at the calories in foods that I thought were ok. Thanks yo MFP I'm on track too.
    All the very best Mr. Moriarty!!
    :smile:
  • 87beckyRN
    87beckyRN Posts: 34
    Options
    I know how you feel. Tracking all the foods I eat every day? Pain in the *kitten*! It's really not as bad as it seems & mfp is AMAZING! Its nice to know you're not alone.

Good luck!
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    GREAT SITE A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT IT ,I FEEL THAT I AM GOING TO DO GOOD THIS TIME.