stepped on the scale and almost fainted.

Options
Well a year ago I was on the right track and then summer hit, vacations, bbq's, birthdays, holidays and now I'm here. I stepped on the scale and I am up 15lbs since the summer

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I was heavy on my birthday. And I said to myself "this time next year, I'm going to be back down to 125. Well, a year later, and I'm 14 lbs heavier that I was on my birthday last year. I completely lost my motivation, and I need people to keep me motivated.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    The scales terrify me. But yayyyyyy i jumped on them yesterday for the first time in a month and omfg I'd lost 3kgs!!!!
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well a year ago I was on the right track and then summer hit, vacations, bbq's, birthdays, holidays and now I'm here. I stepped on the scale and I am up 15lbs since the summer

Step on the scale everyday and you won't have a Big surprise again! A small surprise is better than a big delayed one!
  • willodawisp85
    willodawisp85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Step on the scale everyday and you won't have a Big surprise again! A small surprise is better than a big delayed one!

I can't step on the scales everyday as my weight varies way too much day to day. As much as i know it's water/sodium/period/something random it messes with my head too much.
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I can't step on the scales everyday as my weight varies way too much day to day. As much as i know it's water/sodium/period/something random it messes with my head too much.[/quote]

Me, too! I was weighing every day for a few weeks and it was driving me mad! I felt like I kept losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over again.

• omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The good thing about this process is that you can fail and be knocked down but you are never out! You can keep on getting up and keep at it! If you keep fighting you will never fail!
  • dreacava206
    dreacava206 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I was heavy on my birthday. And I said to myself "this time next year, I'm going to be back down to 125. Well, a year later, and I'm 14 lbs heavier that I was on my birthday last year. I completely lost my motivation, and I need people to keep me motivated.

I know the feeling! I've done the same every year and I'm either the same weight or have gained.
    I'm not getting any younger, I need to make a change now rather than wait until it gets more complicated.
    Good luck on your journey!

• dreacava206
    Options
    The scales terrify me. But yayyyyyy i jumped on them yesterday for the first time in a month and omfg I'd lost 3kgs!!!!

Way to go! Congrats!
  • dreacava206
    Options

Yes that is true and at least that way when I see I am headed in the wrong direction I can make changes right away rather than wait so long.
  • dreacava206
    Options
    omelet2000 wrote: »
    The good thing about this process is that you can fail and be knocked down but you are never out! You can keep on getting up and keep at it! If you keep fighting you will never fail!

Very true! I often forget this and get discouraged and say there's no use I'm just going to be this way the rest of my life.
    Thank you so much for the reminder.
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat every day and I weigh myself everyday. I am going to do this forever so, I will know how much I weigh.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day. Go get it!
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For my 30th birthday I decided I wanted to give myself 30 less pounds. I worked out and ate right and I was 30 less pounds in 10 months. Then I had a baby and was in an accident. Im still that 30 pounds less and ready to lose more. Can't wait to get rid of these last 18 pounds.

Don't let anything get in the way. Embrace good weather as a time to exercise more outside. Grow healthy foods in a garden if you can. Make room in your calorie goal to enjoy parties and get together with friends. You can do it!