bread

Options
i need a substitute for bread before i turn into a loaf.......any suggestions?:sad:

Replies

• Fr4z
    Fr4z Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would also like to hear suggestions to as it is a weakness of mine.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with bread? if you are gluten sensitive there are breads with no gluten out there.

if you are worried about carbs...dont...carbs arent bad...unless its all you eat..otherwise as long as you are getting healthy whole grains and the rest of your macros you'll be fine.
  • chrisallcock
    chrisallcock Posts: 173
    Options
    id prefer not to eat bread as once i start i carnt stop
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep! I think you can continue with bread , log it n all will be well! UNLESS you are aiming fir no carbs of course.... There is no substitute IMHO I love bread but am no carb fad dieting till Sunday, poor me! Goodluck!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Why dont you make your own bread? i got myself a bread maker and i can therefore control what goes into it. i dont put in salt or sugar and use wholemeal flour or sometimes gluten free and tastes even better than the store bought stuff.

Or consider what meals of the day you have bread and plan ahead, so if you usually have toast for breakfast, change that to oatmeal, or if you have sandwiches for lunch, substitute for soup or salad.

Bread isnt all bad, just change over from white to brown/wholemeal or wheat free and eat in moderation :o)
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    To try something different you can buy big sandwich size crackers and rice cakes. I've been eating mountain (flat) bread), it's not as delicious, but still a nice wrap for a sandwich, and instead of needing 2 pieces you only need the one...

Pancakes??? Make you own savoury (ham, cheese, corn etc) or sweet ones (apple and cinnamon, berry)? Good snack, lunch food
  • detenon63
    detenon63 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Chris - have you tried pitta bread? You can get them in wholemeal or white - heat them up in the toaster cut them open and fill them with the filling of your choice! Healthy alternative to bread and you feel like you are eating the equivalent to a sandwich. I have one for my lunch during the week - easy to prepare and tasty!

Good Luck - Sharon
  • chrisallcock
    chrisallcock Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi Chris - have you tried pitta bread? You can get them in wholemeal or white - heat them up in the toaster cut them open and fill them with the filling of your choice! Healthy alternative to bread and you feel like you are eating the equivalent to a sandwich. I have one for my lunch during the week - easy to prepare and tasty!

Good Luck - Sharon

/quote]

thanks every1 for the help and i think im gunna try the pita idea sharon, sounds yummy :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Try pitas or flat wraps. They're considerably lower in carbohydrate in most cases.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've been buying the 45 calorie Sara Lee slices.