Scales

Options
I am looking for a very reliable digital scale. I have one currently that is just wacky. One of the rubber stoppers on the feet wore through and it's completely inaccurate now.
Can you recommend a good (but not too expensive) scale? I'm looking to spend between 30-50 dollars.

Replies

• amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon it was #1 best seller on the scales list and works great. $30
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have this scale (not the 'breast cancer edition)
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-xhjeufaL._SY300_.jpg
    and find it very accurate. It's several years old but still works great. It gives weight in 0.2 increments I believe, which is nice so you can see the little loses as well as the bigger ones. I don't know how much I paid for it then but it looks to be around 30-35 now.
  • fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • MSmith144
    Options
    Why use a scale, they are not that accurate. Your waist tells you if you are losing weight because of inches lost. Water fluctuation and many other thing can give you wrong information about your weight.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    MSmith144 wrote: »
    Why use a scale, they are not that accurate. Your waist tells you if you are losing weight because of inches lost. Water fluctuation and many other thing can give you wrong information about your weight.

Wow. Just wow
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Measuring can also be inaccurate.
    I use a scale because it gives me something to work towards.
    I use the same one on Amazon for $30. I've had it since December and so far it's main use has been for my brother who likes to weigh himself before and after poops... anyway, it works even for that haha. I really like it.
  • bostonultd1
    bostonultd1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use the Ozeri on Amazon. It's $13 right now and it's been faithful for me so far.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep your scales in the same place every day, even if they aren't completely accurate, at least you can see how much weight you lost or gain.
  • bostonultd1
    bostonultd1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Forget my earlier post,I thought you were talking about a food scale. I got one on Amazon called "eat smart" and it's pretty cool, about $50. It gives you your fat, water, muscle % and bone weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I use the WW-amazon.
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine's way out of your price range, because I was going through a paranoid period where I worried that my medical team would think I was lying about my weigh-ins. (It was going way up and down. Crazy.)

If you decide to spend more, the Withings is absolutely fabulous. I couldn't be happier with it. :)

It can sync with MFP over your wireless, so you step on and it instantly logs for you. :)
  • fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good to know, thank you all!