Hello little people, goodbye fat bum....

Options
Hi, my name is Clare and I have just started using myfitnesspal. I signed up a while ago, but only started utilising everything as of yesterday. If you're interested in helping me learn the ropes or inspiring me or whatever, please talk to me! (I'm not quite sure how this site works yet haha)

Thanks for your time :)

Replies

• musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome Clare! I just started using MFP last week. I am loving it so far! As long as you log all of your food everyday, exercise and get plenty of water, you'll be off to a great start! :) It's gets addicting eventually. I'm already on the forums several hours a day and I think i'm falling in love with my elliptical lol. Sending a friend request!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    HELLO and welcome :) You're going to LOVE it! Everyone is so friendly. My advice for new people is, log everything and be very honest when you log it. Don't just log less because it looks better! Also - I advise making your diary viewable to everyone online because it makes you stay on track knowing that everyone can see what you have eaten and therefore stops you eating bad things that you don't want people to see you eating...AND shows people yummy things you've eaten and allows us to share meal ideas etc.
    Feel free to add me, I'm always on the iPhone app and checking out the forum, so say hello and GOOD LUCK!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! Sending through a friend request now.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
    Definitely log everything! Even if you have a treat and go over your calories still log it. Over time you can use that information to analyze everything LOL I do! Try not to stress out if you have a "bad" day, you are learning like the rest of us how to live right for a lifetime and be healthy! Do tell us of your successes!!! We want to know and celebrate:drinker: with you. It keeps us all motivated.
    Take some pictures now of the way you are and progress pictures every month. You will see the difference even if others do not say anything or if that blasted scale does not say much. I have only lost 12 pounds but 2 sizes! So the scale makes me think I am not doing well but clothes say I am :wink: So don't let the scale be the way you judege Oh and Measure!!!! That tells the truer story
    Mary
  • Andy_Carloz
    Andy_Carloz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HELLO and welcome :) You're going to LOVE it! Everyone is so friendly. My advice for new people is, log everything and be very honest when you log it. Don't just log less because it looks better! Also - I advise making your diary viewable to everyone online because it makes you stay on track knowing that everyone can see what you have eaten and therefore stops you eating bad things that you don't want people to see you eating...AND shows people yummy things you've eaten and allows us to share meal ideas etc.
    Feel free to add me, I'm always on the iPhone app and checking out the forum, so say hello and GOOD LUCK!

Hahhah I like the word that you need to be honest.. Really, this apps makes me think twice before I eat.. and when I eat more it make me feel to burn more calorie...
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome. I myself have only been on the forum for a short while, I downloaded the app ages ago and gave up at first because i was trying to eat the same as always and just log it and i wasn't ready to see how much I was eating.

I decided last month that I was going to take what I ate seriously and started using the app as designed. I logged everything and have dramtically reduced my portion sizes and types of food I eat, I am noticing a difference in the way I look at food and have made a decision not to go back to the unhealthy eater I was before MFP.

Sending a friend request as it's great to have others on the same mission offering motivation.