its a burden to log meals every day

Options
Even though i hate logging, i know it helps me stay on track and more aeare of what im consuming. Anyone relate?

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I only find it a burden when I'm eating out or at a party where it's hard to know *exactly* what's in the food (or what brand, etc.) and can't measure. Estimating everything can sometimes be overwhelming. Otherwise, when I'm at home, I think tracking is quite easy. The barcode scanner on many foods makes it a piece of cake. (The one exception being when I'm making a soup...entering everything in the recipe builder and then having to determine how many cups were in the final product to determine number of servings. I dirty a lot of bowls measuring how much it actually made.)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I look at weight loss like I look at my job, or my household chores. Sometimes it's not much fun, but if I want what I want, I have to do what I do.

ETA: I actually don't mind logging. I find it interesting.
  • VikkaVoss
    VikkaVoss Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't view it as a chore. I look at it as a tool to let me know how many calories I'm going to consume. Use it to log your calories before you eat them, rather than after. This way it's helping you to keep track & stay within your goal, rather than letting you know after the fact. I actually find it fun. You can simply change your view. Good luck!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No. I think it's kind of fun. I love feeling in control and being successful at weight loss.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a burden either. It takes a matter of 5 minutes total to log food.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging? The longer you do it, the easier it is.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    It can be.
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I use the app on my phone. It makes logging ridiculously easy. Check it out if you have a smartphone.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm only worried about when I go on vacation. I'm meant to log calories for foods I can't even pronounce, never mind spell?
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is a pain, but once you've inputted most of your favourite meals it gets a lot easier :)
  • Neil1139
    Neil1139 Posts: 10
    Options
    Love logging now................sometimes even do it before i eat :wink: